21

Dad was holding me up carrying me into the ER.

"Dad, where's Alana?" I gasped.

"Stop worrying about your damn sister. You were shot kiddo. Alana's safe with Sweet Pea." Dad said as I was put on a gurney. "Hang in there," Dad said before I was rushed off. I was rushed to surgery.

Timeskip

I woke up laying in a hospital bed. My phone was ringing. I leaned over to answer the phone.

F: What the hell is going on? It said on the news you died.

A: Well I'm alive but Hiram Lodge won't be when I get my fucking hands on him.

I stood up but fell back on the bed groaning.

F: Where are you? I'm coming back to Riverdale.

A: Fallon don't. A riot broke out it's not safe. I was shot but I'm gonna be alright.

Sweet Pea walked in.

F: AJ you were shot in your own town and arrested. I'm coming down there. I need to talk to you.

I handed Sweet Pea the phone.

S: AJ's gonna be alright. I won't leave her out of my sights but there's no need for you to fly down here.

S: I'll keep her safe. I promise. Bye Fallon.

Timeskip

I opened up my apartment to some of the younger Serpents

I opened up my apartment to some of the younger Serpents. I lay on my couch with Alana as the door opened. Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni and about 3 other serpents walked in along with Cheryl Blossom.

"Welcome to Casa de Venom," I said. "Fred Andrews is doing a southside breakfast tomorrow but for now I can cook up some food,"

"Didn't realise you were a cook Jones?" Cheryl asked.

"I wear many hats on my head," I said.

Timeskip

We were all wearing Serpent Jackets in school to stand up against the Southside Serpents being bussed out to Seaside High.

"What's the meaning of this?" Weatherbee asked walking out of his office.

"It's a show of support, sir. For the Southsiders who are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone's ready to walk out, Principal Weatherbee." Archie said.

"Any student who walks out better keep walking, because they'll be expelled," Weatherbee said.

"You're a good man, Principal Weatherbee. You're not the kind of person who discriminates. And if you are, then expel me. Because I don't want to be a part of that." Archie said.

"Everyone, get to class," Weatherbee said. I turned to Archie.

"You finally got some respect from me, Andrews," I said. Archie patted me on the shoulder before walking off. Jughead and I went to walk to class when Veronica pulled us into the student lounge.

"I have insider information that my father is making a play to buy the Whyte Wyrm." Veronica said.

"Along with him firing our dad from Pop's." Jughead said.

"What? He did that?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah. We won't be eating there anymore." I said.

"Wait, Jughead AJ. I was gonna make a play to buy the Wyrm in order to torpedo Daddy's monopolizing of the Southside, but now I'm thinking there's a better, smarter play here. If you trust me, and we move fast." Veronica said. Jughead left.

"Veronica," I said.

"Yeah," Veronica said.

"I'm sorry things got so messy between us," I said.

"And I'm sorry for the trouble you get wrapped up in with my family," Veronica said.

"I guess things worked out in the end. You seem a lot happier with Red than you were with me. And us breaking up led to me learning that I've got some growing up to do before I dive into a relationship with anyone," I said.

"Hug it out?" Veronica asked.

"Side hug cause my stomach may explode," I said. Veronica chuckled wrapping her arms around me loosely.

"Hey, I'm watching you AJ," Archie said stood in the door.

"Relax Red, Northsiders aren't my type anymore," I said. "No offense," I said. Archie chuckled.

"Ya look good for someone who had a slug in their gut," Archie said.

Timeskip

We were at the Southside kickback

We were at the Southside kickback. Alana lay on my lap. Dad whistled.

"Listen up now! Hey, listen up! Some years ago, the very first Serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. And it makes sense that is where we gather now, where I... Where I say my goodbye." Dad said.

"Jughead AJ, would you step up here, kids?" Dad asked.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Jughead asked.

"What I should've done a long time ago. I'm retiring from the Serpents. For real this time. Whoa. But my boy... My boy has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell, he almost died for it. But boy your time will come. AJ has been fighting a hell of a long time and even with a slug in her gut, she was worried about her family. That's why I'm giving you the mantle." Dad said putting his arm around me.

"And now, as your first official duty as the first Serpent Queen in history, I think you know what to do with this. Take it." Dad said handing me a red serpent jacket. I took the jacket with a smile. Dad and Jughead got off the stage.

"All right. All right. All I can say is... I love you, Dad. And the Serpents will not die out. Not on my watch." I said as I held my hand out to Cheryl. I slid the jacket over her arms.

"Your girlfriend's requested that I do your Serpent tattoo on your ass," I whispered to Cheryl. She laughed.

Timeskip

I woke up to a pounding on my door. I got up to see Sheriff Minetta.

"Anastasia Jones, you're under arrest for the murder of Shadow Lake resident, Cassidy Bullick." Sheriff Minetta said spinning me around and cuffing me.

"What? I didn't kill him..." I said.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney..." Minetta said as I was lead out of my apartment.