✿Chapter 5: The Alchemist.✿

After the whole situation with you everyone resettled themselves, Varian was currently looking at Rapunzel's hair through a magnifying glass, "Oh, yes, this, this, ah, it's very..." He moved the glass up to Rapunzel's face, "long." He seemed unsure of what to do, "Oh, no, don't worry, Your High--, "He caught himself before saying it, and raised one eyebrow, probably trying to seem smooth, "Rapunzel~. I am sure that I, Varian-," He looked at you through the huge magnifying glass. You smirked, rolling your eyes, "-can unlock the mystery of your hair with the power of science!" He spun the magnifying glass around and it hit the back of his head, "Ow!" He rubbed his head, "Heh. No sweat, it's just a little..." He started before looking at his hand and noticing a small splotch of blood on it. He dropped to the ground. Passing out.

Rapunzel, Cassandra, and You looked down at the boy with concern. After getting him stabilized and sitting him down, he woke up.

"Alright, trust me, and don't freak out," Rapunzel said, starting to wrap her hair around his head. His eyebrows raised as he looked up at the blonde.

"What, uh, what are you doing." He asked, before taking a glance over at you.

You shrugged, "Apparently, her hair heals people." He nodded, looking as though he didn't believe you.

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine." Rapunzel sang.

You were a bit confused too, you had never actually seen Rapunzel do this because she had only had her blonde hair back for a week.

"Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine."

The word's that she was singing sounded so sad, yet so beautiful. You saw Varian glance at Pascal. The chameleon pointed to his head, as of saying that this would heal him.

"Heal what has been hurt. Change the fate's design."

Your eyebrows furrowed, something about this song made your heart hurt.

"Save what has been lost, and bring back what once was mine..."

"What once was mine-" She finished.

Varian took the hair wrapped around his head off.

"Better?" Rapunzel asked.

Varian nodded, "Oh yeah--" He looked at his hand, "Noooo!" He closed his hand and looked away from the blood.

"Huh. That used to work." Rapunzel said, looking at her hair.

Varian also looked at her hair, "Well, silver lining, we've acquired some critical data about your hair." He passed it back over to her, "It no longer possesses its "legendary" healing power." He sounded very skeptical about the whole magic thing. The boy picked up a bunch of it, "Progress!" He shouted standing up, "Now, let's figure out exactly what this hair is made of." He started walking over to something covered by a tarp, he pulled off the tarp and grinned to himself, "This machine can analyze any substance for chemical makeup, biotrophic composition, -and urgu-structural integrity." He elbowed the machine and it popped up, revealing a lot of sharp-looking objects, "I built it myself."

"Nice!" You said, impressed, though you were skeptical, you had never seen something this "advanced", it looked completely new to you.

Varian smiled at you before hopping down to a couple of levers, "If I'm right, this should tell us all there is to know about your hair."

You hopped up on the desk behind you, sitting down. Usually, science-y test things took a while so you were in it for the long haul.

"Raps- are you sure you wanna--" Cassandra turned to look at Rapunzel but she was already up the stairs, "Rapunzel?"