Chapter 10

Skye stops to turn around as she didn't hear anyone follow her, "Are you guys coming or just going to stand there?"

"This is where you stay, when you come here? No wonder you like helping out with the FBI, they treat you like royalty over here." Axel chuckles walking out of the lift.

"Need I remind you I am normally out on a mission. I barely even see inside this place. Normally dad stays here, he is the one that is treat like a king. " Skylar shakes her head and walks towards the dining table whilst the rest of the team try to take in the paradise that they will be living in. The penthouse is a massive open plan layout, the living room having 2 large curving black sofa's both of which facing a 80" plasma TV with floor to ceiling glass windows either side.
"Skye if he gives you this, why don't you take the job offer? I mean he treats you extremely well." Hunter questions turning to look at her to see her pulling her laptop out at a large handmade rustic wooden table with 10 posh leather seats surrounding it.

"Trying to get rid of me, eh Hunt?" She turns back smirking before turning back to her laptop, "No, if I took his offer, I would no longer live in luxury, plus I like where I am, SPA is where I belong." She replies without a second thought. Though Hunter wasn't sure if that was the truth, if SPA is where she belonged then why did this FBI agent more than they did? How was she more confident around him? What made him so special?

Before he knew it the words were leaving his mouth, "Are you sure about that?" He instantly regretted it when Skye turned around frowning, confused, taken aback and worst of all. Hurt.

"What is that supposed to mean? Have I not been 100% loyal to you? Have I not been there whenever you needed me? Have I not had your back? I have always been there for you Hunter, no matter what. Now you question me? Why?" Skye's voice hard with anger, it was Hunter and the team to be taken aback this time, Skye had never spoken like this before to anyone on the team and she never argued with Hunter. Ever.

"Why did you tell Agent Hearns, a stranger to you what happened to you and you couldn't tell us? Eh?" Hunter shouted back at her, he felt betrayed.

"The less people that know about that day the better. The safer everyone will be. You all thought Diabolus was gone, what was the point in telling you all everything if you all thought there was no danger? What would be the point in wasting everyone time? What would have been the point in me reliving the pain? Seeing their faces one more, feeling the phantom pains as the memories flash before my eyes? I told him because it was essential to the mission, some of the men that was within the organisation, they were previously with diabolus." Tears swell in her eyes, as she felt the memories force to surface, she shakes her head, clears her through. She felt everyone eyes on her, as she wipes her tears away, "We should meet Trevor. Get this mission started."

She grabs her laptop walking back toward the lift, as she passed Hunter he tries to speak, "SJ, I-" He started but she immediately cut him off, "Forget it, we have a mission."

The tension in the air made everyone shuffle uneasy, everyone giving each other side glances, Skye was really on edge and defensive when Hunter question her, had it really caused her that much pain?

Skye called for the lift, her chest aching as she felt betrayed, he questioned her in front of everyone, even Zion. Did he really not trust her? After everything they had been through together? It slowly started to get harder for her breath as the more she thought about it the more the pain spread, it felt like she had been stabbed, no worse. She could handle the pain of being stabbed. She couldn't handle this pain. It was too much for her. Emotional pain had never been her strong point, now she had to deal with it whilst being on a very important undercover mission. Hunter could not have picked a worse time to question her. The lift doors finally opened, she takes a deep breath before walking inside, everyone else literally drops their bags where they were and walked into the lift with her.