Chapter 7

Sitting in the same chair for several hours gets very achy, that is exactly what Skye had done, she had already read through the file three times, she knew it inside out. To her right Derek was asleep, light snores leaving his lips with his head tilt back against the headrest, she looked across to the other side of the plane to see that Hunter, Axel and Mason were also passed out in their chairs.

She let out a soft sigh as her bladder suddenly felt like it was about to burst, she took her belt off, carefully and quietly lifting herself onto the table, it was lucky for her that Director and Sean both took the beds as this would be classed as very unlady like; though Skye had never been lady like, especially since she started SPA. She silently slides across the table landing on the balls of her feet on the plane floor.

Skye stretches her arms out then touches her toes to stretch her muscles, she had sat down for way too long, she glanced around to see everyone was still passed out, she walked to the planes bathroom, she had completely forgotten how nice it was, she also forgot that it had a shower. After using the toilet she decided to have a long shower, letting the hot water soak her scarred body as she washes her hair and body, after half an hour she jumps out putting her clothes back on before drying her short dark hair, which didn't take long at all, just as she brushes her hair into a side fringe she hears a quiet rapid knock on the door. She walks to the door unlocks it opens the door then walks back in front of the mirror.

"Here you are, I was beginning to worry, when you didn't come back after a while." Derek spoke up, looking at the bags under her eyes in the mirror, he supressed a sigh before asking, "Have you slept any?"

Skye shook her head, before turning to look at him as she had finished her hair, "I tried when all of you slept but I couldn't, I have read over the file again to make sure I know the case inside out especially since I want communication to be minimal when I go undercover."

"Skylar you should really get some sleep, you need your senses high for this, you cannot be distracted by the lack of sleep you have had, you should take a sleeping pill." Derek tried to reason, he knew that he was the father and she was a minor so technically he could make her but he hated using that over her especially since she lived independently, sure she lived under the same roof as him but she cooked, cleaned and looked after herself. Though at the minute she was doing a poor job.

Skye looks at Derek sighing deeply, "How about this, if you make arrangements for everyone's Bugatti's to be brought over to Washington I will take a sleeping pill right now and sleep for the rest of the way."

"Why? You cannot drive it when you are undercover?" Derek's eyebrows draw together trying to figure out what his daughter was thinking.

"After we close this case I can kick all your asses in a race." Skye grins with excitement, she knew the best road for the race and she was so excitement.

Derek smiles at the excitement, he hadn't seen it much and now it just seemed to keep happening, he loved watching her eyes light up. "Alright, deal." He holds his hand out to seal the deal, Skye reaches out and shakes his hand, before walking out, she pulls her bag out, searching through it to find her sleeping pills, the ones she very rarely took unless completely necessary. She looks at the two pills in her hand for a moment before chucking them in her mouth, she swallows them without water, she puts the pills back in her bag.

It didn't take long for the pills to kick in, she felt Derek sit next to her, she leaned over to rest her head on his shoulder and she out like a light.

Derek looked over to Skye when he felt her head on his shoulder, he couldn't help the smile that crossed his face to see she was fast asleep, he gently reached up to stroke her soft hair, he moved her ever so slightly so he could kiss her forehead. "Sleep well, Skye."