Chapter 4

Derek just stares at his daughter stunned he didn't even hear his phone, he didn't reach to get it, which is when Skylar sighs and takes his phone out of the pocket checking the caller ID before answering. FBI Director.

She sighs deeply before answering, "Hello, this is Agent Skylar Sheats speaking. How may I help you?" She puts her fake helpful accent on.

"Ah Skylar, just the person I need. Why are you answering Derek's phone, is everything alright?" The male's deep voiced concern.

"Everything is fine, Director. He just can't make it to the phone at the moment, maybe you can leave a message with me and I will make sure that he receives it." Skylar suggests helpfully though she knew what they wanted, they wanted to hire her, they seemed to find her very talented.

"No, no it is alright, it is you that I would like to hire anyway, we need someone protected, you are the best person for the job because no one will suspect you because of your age, how old are you now, 15?" The director questioned.

Skylar rolled her eyes, she was pretty sure he had her file laid out right in front of him, so he knew for a fine fact how old she was. "14, sir."

"Really? You come across older than that, you are very professional for your age but you are still a kid which is why you would fit in perfectly. How about I send you all of the details and you can have a talk with your boss and you can get back to me?" The director had high hopes, he needed her skills in America right now, if she came over he would have a chance to try and give her a job.

"Of course, I will talk to Director Sheats about it as soon as I get the files," Skylar replies watching Derek who had started to wonder around the room. He would normally snatch his phone from anyone that answered his calls but he trusted Skylar, she was his daughter, after all, she knew to be professional which she was being so he didn't mind in the slightest. What he was more interested in is how the hell did she get all of this information? Some of the information he didn't even know.

He was pulled out of his thoughts from his daughter walking beside him, handing him his phone back which he accepted and slid in his pocket, "That was the FBI director, he wishes to hire me again. Someone needs protecting, he is sending the files over."

"Of course he wishes to hire you that is the only reason he calls us, for you," Derek speaks though he seemed distant.

"Why does he always call you if he wants to hire me?" She questioned confused, they had her number but they always rang Derek.

"Because I am the director and you work for me, I need to make sure that I prioritise your work schedule, make sure you aren't needed here before sending you off to aid someone else. Plus it is up to me if you go or not." He talked as if he was recalling it as if he spoke it every day of his life. That is when Skylar realised something was wrong.

"Is everything ok?" She questioned worriedly that she had made a mistake in showing him the room.

"How long have you been working on this Skye? How did you even find the time to do all of this?" Derek turns to look at her, staring her in the eye willing her to tell him.

Skylar sighs deeply moving to sit at the desk. "3 years, I didn't plan on going after them, I was just going to become an agent so that I could make my parents proud of me." She looks at her hands taking a steady breath, "They were always helping people, you know? Anyway they could, even if it was just knocking on your door to make sure that everyone was ok if they needed help. Helping OAPs crossing the roads, helping with shopping bags. That was just a little stuff. I just...I wanted to be like them. I wanted to help people. So I went on the missions in memory of them, every person I help is for them."