~12~

You stand in the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror as you finish changing. You had gone out and bought all red lingerie set for the special occasion. You hide the lingerie under a new outfit and step outside.

"Woah Y/N, nice outfit," you hear a slightly drunken Jean say as he looks you up and down

"I guess it's time for Eren's birthday gift huh? Lucky son of a bitch," Jean mutters as you place a finger to your lips before shushing him.

"I don't want everyone else to know, keep it a secret. For me?" You ask as Jean falters for a moment before suddenly grabbing your hands.

"I'd do anything for you Y/N. If Eren hurts you, you can come to me alright?" Jean says seriously as you pause taken aback by the seriousness of his eyes. You place a smile on your face as you nod and rush upstairs.

You push Eren's door open without knocking first. Your smile instantly falls as you find Mikasa climbing on top of Eren. Your blood begins to boil as the two quickly turn to look at you standing in the doorway.

You can see lipstick marks on Eren's neck and lips as he quickly sits up. Your heart drops as a single tear slides down your cheek. You watch in disgust as Eren quickly pushes Mikasa off of him.

"Y/N! Babe, I swear nothing..."

"Shut up," you say as Mikasa casually fixes her skirt and top. You want to believe that it's not what it looks like, but you don't know what to trust. Eren stands up and rushes over to you but you walk away.

"Y/N, listen to me it's not what it looked like..."

"Yeah, I've heard that before," you say still rushing towards the stairs when you feel Eren grab your hand. As you turn around you instinctively slap Eren across the face.

The two of you stand at the top of the stairs now, everyone downstairs can see the two of you. The music quickly dies down as the rest of the party listens to your argument.

"If you wanted to be with her then why would you bother with wasting my time?" You yell as Eren shakes his head rapidly.

"I don't want to be with her, I want you Y/N! She came onto me..."

"So why did it take you so long to push her away then? Why did you even put yourself in a position to be alone with her?" You quickly quip as Eren runs a hand through his hair that now flows around his shoulders.

"I was waiting for you, why would I call you upstairs just to see that? Mikasa pushed me back on the bed..."

"Because she's in love with you Eren! Everyone can see it, I thought that we could work past it but clearly, we can't," You scream as Eren once again grabs your hand, this time his blueish green eyes look at you full of tears.

"Please Y/N, don't leave me. I love you," Eren whispers to you as tears slide down your face now. You want him to hold you in his arms again. To whisper to you that your the only one he cares about.

You open your mouth to speak but out of the corner of your eye, you see Mikasa leave the room. A taunting smile rests on her face as you wipe your tears away and shake your head.

"I'm sorry Eren, I can't," you say as you pull your hand away from Eren's grip. You make your way down the stairs and avoid everyone's stares as you leave Eren's house without looking back.

You trudge slowly down the street as your phone suddenly starts buzzing. You're about to turn it off but see the caller ID.

You quickly answer the phone and hear your mother crying on the other line. Your relationship with your mom used to be stronger, but lately, you can tell something is up with her. The two of you barely talk anymore.

Not to mention your father has only been over a handful of times since you moved here. It's obvious what's happening but you didn't expect it to happen so soon.

"Y/N, yuh father and I are getting divorced. I'm going by ur aunty house for a few days, maybe you can stay over at ur boyfriend's for the night?" Your mom asks as your body freezes.

"Sure mom, call me in the morning so that I know your OK," you say as your mom agrees and hangs up. You feel a sad smile lift your lips as you fall to the floor. You're your mother's daughter alright.

Whenever something gets hard, you both just run away. You bring your hands up to your face as you begin to bawl your eyes out. Here you are. Drunk. Cold. Alone. Almost the same way you were a year ago.

"Y/N! Y/N where are you?!" You hear someone screaming your name making you slowly raise your head to see a black Mercedes stop in front of where your sitting in the middle of the sidewalk.

Someone hops out of the car quickly and walks around the car before rushing to you. Tears continue to stream down your face as Jean pulls you into his arms. You don't bother retaliating as Jean comforts you.

"Jean? I feel so numb," you say in between sobs as Jean suddenly pushes you back gently by your shoulders. His fingers gently wipe away your tears, his dark eyes look at you full of concern.

"We can't stay here, let me bring you somewhere safe. Sasha's driving," Jean says as you nod slowly and allow Jean to help you to your feet and into the car. Once inside you lean your head on Jean's shoulder as Sasha turns to look at you.

"Where's your house? We can drop you off there,"

"No I don't want to be alone right now," you say as you squeeze Jean's shoulder tightly.

"Head to my place," Jean says as Sasha hesitates.

"Jean, are you sure that's a good idea.."

"I won't do anything to her Sasha. She likes that spineless idiot anyways. I'd head back there are beat his ass again but it's already late," you hear Jean say as your eyes slowly flutter shut.

"Thank you, Jean," you say as you drift off to sleep.