~16~

An hour later

"I'm gonna go get to the washroom," you yell to the others before heading out into the lobby. The space is empty except for you and the echoing click-clacking of your heel.

"What am I doing?" You ask yourself aloud as you slowly walk through the wide space. You walk past a pillar and almost have a heart attack as a figure emerges next to you.

You gasp softly as Eren grabs your wrist and pulls you over to where he's standing. Your heartbeat speeds up as Eren hesitates to lift a hand to your cheek. You allow him to cup your face as he smiles sadly.

"You look beautiful Y/N," Eren says as you smile shyly. Even after all this time Eren's touch immediately affects your body.

"Thank you. You look great too, though you didn't look like you were having fun in there," you say as Eren suddenly lets go of you. You immediately miss his touch.

"Well, you came here with someone else. I wouldn't have come here if it weren't for Armin and Annie," Eren admits as you bite your lip and grab Eren's hand.

"Jean and I aren't dating. We only came here as friends, hell we walked in with Sasha and Connie too," you say as Eren's eyes widen.

"Wait, then why did you guys come in holding hands?" Eren asks as you smile awkwardly. Looking back at it now, this was a pretty stupid plan.

"Well, Jean thought that the only way I'd get you to approach me again would be if we made you jealous. I should've just came to talk to you myself," you say as Eren looks down at you full of anticipation. You can practically see the colour fill his eyes again as you continue.

"We should've talked about what happened sooner. I knew you were telling the truth, but I was just too pissed. I didn't know how to approach you, even after seeing how you stopped talking to Mikasa," you admit as Eren shakes his head.

"I should've tried harder. I gave up too easily because I didn't want you to feel overwhelmed. I never stopped caring about you though Y/N. I meant it when I said that I love you," Eren says as you feel your heart jump.

"You...you still love me? Even after I avoided you all this time?" You ask as Eren nods and smiles for the first time in months. The sight warms your heart more than you expected.

"How could I stop loving you Y/N? You're beautiful, smart, and feisty. Yet you're also gentle and caring. There's so much more about you that I want to learn," Eren says as you feel tears well up in your eyes.

"Eren?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me," you say as Eren gently cups your face before slowly pressing his lips against yours. The kiss starts innocent but quickly grows hungry as Eren turns you around. He presses your back against the pillar he was leaning against making you gasp softly.

You moan into the kiss as Eren's hand trails down to grab yours before pressing them both against the pillar. You bite your lip as Eren's lips make their way to your collar bone. Upon contact, you begin to squirm needily.

"Eren," you moan out as Eren smirks and pulls away.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to hear you call my name again. It sounds so good coming from your lips Y/N," Eren says as you laugh lightly.

"Well then let's get out of here so I can say it more," you say suggestively as Eren chuckles and grabs your hand before leading you out of the banquet hall. However, upon exiting the door you find all your friends standing there smiling at the two of you.

"You two idiots finally made up huh?" Jean asks as you feel your cheeks burn. If they knew you two were together...they didn't see what happened downstairs did they?! Eren squeezes your hand gently as you look at his smiling face.

"Yes, thank you for looking after her all this time Jean. I won't let her go again, no matter what," Eren says surprising you. You were almost certain he'd try to fight with him again. However, If it weren't for Jean, you're not sure you'd have had the confidence to show up.

"Thanks, guys, but Eren and I are gonna leave early," you say as Armin laughs and tosses something at Eren that he swiftly catches. Judging by the jingling sound it's car keys.

"We know, have fun. You two are long overdue for some personal time," Armin says as Eren walks you over to his car and opens the door for you before quickly rushing to the driver's seat. Eren starts the car before quickly driving off.

"Hey Y/N, you might want to do some vocal warm-ups," Eren says as you frown confused before seeing the twisted smirk on his face.

"I told you the longer you make me wait, the louder I'll make you scream. I've been waiting for over three months," Eren reminds you as your bite your lip as your body grows feverish with anticipation.

"I look forward to it,"