~13~

The Next Day

You groan as you wake up and slowly sit up in bed. You hold your pounding head but pause as you realize that you in an unfamiliar room. You look down and let out a sigh of relief as your still wearing the same clothes from last night.

However, the memories of what happened quickly come rushing back in like a wave

However, the memories of what happened quickly come rushing back in like a wave. Your parents are getting divorced, and you broke things off with Eren. You stare down at the unfamiliar bed sheets as the door to the room slowly opens.

"Hey Y/N, you awake?" Jean asks as he pokes his head into the room.

"Oh, hey," you say awkwardly as Jean enters the room and sits down at the edge of the bed. "Thanks for looking after me last night. I must've looked like a mess," you say as Jean shakes his head.

"No, you still looked stunning the entire time. Eren on the other hand has a black eye to tend to," Jean says smirking a bit as you roll your eyes.

"Maybe Mikasa will do it for him," you say as her name leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. You knew that she couldn't have given up on Eren so easily, but to pull a stunt like that...it's inexcusable. She's just lucky you're not the Y/N from a year ago.

"After you left everyone turned on Mikasa though, even Armin was mad at her," Jean informs you as you shrug.

"Cool, but it's not like that's going to stop Eren from being a bitch when it comes to her. I still stand by my decision," you say as Jean smiles sadly and places a hand on your head suddenly.

"You don't have to keep pretending to be strong Y/N. You had a bad night," Jean says as you look down and feel as tears begin to well up in your eyes again.

"I think I'm gonna take a few days off from school. I need to make sense of everything that's happened," you say as Jean nods and rises from the bed.

"School starts in a few, I'll let Connie and Sasha know that your OK. You can stay here for the day or leave whenever your ready," Jean says as you nod and manage a smile.

"Thanks, Jean," you say as he nods and leaves the room. He hesitates for a second and looks back as if he wanted to say something else. You wait for his words to come but he just shakes his head and exits the room.

Not too long after Jean leaves you make your way out of his apartment. Surprisingly the location isn't too far from your school, but you walk home instead. It's not like professor Levi would let you in the way your dressed anyways.

You turn on your phone and are surprised to find a horde of text messages and missed calls from Eren. He didn't chase after you when you left so you just assumed he'd let you go.

You shove your phone back in your pocket and sigh deeply

You shove your phone back in your pocket and sigh deeply. Actions speak louder than words, you know that truth very well. When Adrian cheated on you he said every kind of apology he could muster, yet he lied. Eren might be different, but your heart can't trust words alone.

"Please Y/N, don't leave me. I love you," Eren's words ring in your head again as you keep walking.

At the end of the day, you can only look after yourself. Letting someone else in always results in pain and confusion. There are only a few months left until graduation, all you have to do is focus on your work and push through.