~15~

Prom Night

You pace back and forth in your living room as you wait for Jean to message you. Your prom night had already begun but it took several hours to convince yourself to still go through with your plan.

You know that everyone expects you to show out for the occasion, but you find yourself wearing a simple dark green dress with a slit exposing your left leg

You know that everyone expects you to show out for the occasion, but you find yourself wearing a simple dark green dress with a slit exposing your left leg. You wear a long wavy wig and natural makeup as usual.

You fiddle with your nails as you hear a knock on your door. You quickly rush over and open the door to find Jean standing in front of you. He wears a simple black and white suit, but his hair is slicked back nicely bringing more attention to his chiselled face.

"Hey, you look great," Jean says as you manage a small smile.

"You do too," you say as Jean nods awkwardly before presenting you with a corsage. You allow him to put it on your wrist before closing the door behind you. You grab onto Jean's arm as you walk over to the car.

"Hmm? Is your mom not home? I figured she'd want to take pictures or something," Jean says as you shake your head.

"I told her I wasn't going. She went out with my aunts a bit earlier. Sorry," you tell him as he nods and places a reassuring hand on yours.

"It'll be fine Y/N. I made sure to get Armin to force him to show up, let's just try to have fun alright?" Jean says as you feel your anxiety slowly drift away as you nod. Connie drives you all to the prom banquet hall Sasha offers you a drink that you refuse.

If you're gonna talk to Eren you want to be sober while doing so.

"Oh it's you guys, I'm honestly surprised that you graduated

"Oh it's you guys, I'm honestly surprised that you graduated. Try not to eat everything, and if you leave this place a mess I'll come to your houses and drag you out of bed in the morning to come to scrub it down," professor Levi threatens as he stands at the door in front of the hall.

His threat was intimidating, but you find it hard to take him seriously considering he's barely taller than the glass podium he stands behind.

"I didn't know that there'd be teacher surveillance here," Connie says as professor Levi shrugs, he casually lights a cigarette before taking a long pull from it.

"Hange asked me to make sure nobody gets pregnant. I don't care what you idiots do, just keep the place clean," your teacher says casually as the four of you exchange a glance before shrugging and entering the party.

"Wow! Oh, Connie look at those cupcakes arrangements!" Sasha exclaims as she rushes off

"Wow! Oh, Connie look at those cupcakes arrangements!" Sasha exclaims as she rushes off. It doesn't surprise you that that's where her eyes would lead her. Meanwhile you and Jean take in the decorations as your classmates acknowledge your presence.

"Sasha wait!" Connie yells as he rushes over to stop Sasha. Everyone shakes their heads at your little group before going back to their conversations. Everyone dressed up nicely for the occasion, for once you feel a bit underdressed.

"When are those two gonna admit they have feelings for each other?" You ask as Jean shrugs and watches as Sasha piles a bunch of snacks onto a place while Connie tries to stop her.

"They're both clueless. They could end up living together and still not realize they're in love," Jean comments as you chuckle and feel as Jean reaches for your hand suddenly. You flinch at his touch before looking up and noticing that he's staring at something across the room.

You follow Jean's gaze and feel your heart stop beating as you see Eren sitting down next to Armin at a table. His hair appears to be straightened and rests on his shoulders. He's dressed in a black suit and, to your surprise, has a green tie and pocket knife that almost perfectly matches your dress colour.

"You ready?" Jean asks as you look up at him confused. You agreed to talk to Eren at some point, but he never said anything about sitting at the same table as him. Though you are somewhat surprised that Armin's date is Annie, you hadn't seen that one coming.

"Wait what? Your not..."

"Let's go say hi!" Jean says smiling brightly as he begins walking towards the table. You try your best to remain casual as you and Jean walk through the party hand in hand.

"Hey, Armin!" Jean calls out once you're a few steps away from the table. Eren looks up from his drink as Armin waves you two over. It feels as if time stands still as you watch Eren's eyes dull bluish-green eyes widen.

The glass rests on his lips but he doesn't take a sip as Jean suddenly stops. His eyes glance down at your entwined hands making you instinctively pull away from Jean. Despite avoiding him for months, your heart still does summer salts as his eyes watch you curiously.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit with you?" Jean asks casually as Armin glances at Eren who still doesn't move. Annie takes a sip from her drink as she glances over at Eren and you.

"Yeah Eren, I'd like to catch up with Y/N. How about it?" Annie asks as she smiles sweetly at him.

"They can do whatever they want, doesn't matter to me," Eren says as he snaps out of his daze and slams the glass down on the table. He abruptly rises from his seat before walking over and placing a hand on Jean's shoulder.

Eren mutters something to him that you can't hear over the loud music. His eyes once again glance over to you before he walks off with his hands shoves in his pockets. You whip around to follow him but Jean places a hand on your shoulder.

"Not yet, give it more time," he coaches you as you nod silently before sitting down with Armin and trying your best to enjoy the party. You dance with your classmates and force a smile on your face, but you don't see any sign of Eren.