6

Emily Grace

Michael and I sat together at the side of Ever's bed. The poor girl, the pain she has to go through. Ever looking like my deceased daughter makes me feel even worse then I already do. She's whimpering in her sleep and blood trickles out of the side of her mouth. 

"Honey,  I know this is hard, but don't hold it all in," Michael says, rubbing his hand on my shoulder.

I just nod and continue to stare at Ever. I grasp her hand and will her to get through this. I will her to take my strength and get through the pain. I have seen other wolves go through this process, but never had any of them had the amount of wolves bane in their system that Ever has. Michael continues to rub my shoulder, comforting me, and kisses the top of my head ever so often.

I hear the hospital door open and quickly stand up when I see the Alpha. Michael stands up and walks over towards the Alpha, putting a hand on the Alpha's shoulder.

"Alpha, please I don't think you should look at her," Michael says.

"I have already discussed this with your son. I am the Alpha. I have a duty to protect my pack, this rogue is endangering it," Bryson growls. His miss-match eyes glow with anger and sadness. The blue and green shining.

"But Alpha, she is in terrible condition. She is malnourished and the wounds she has are not healing. If you can wait just a couple of days," I say. I don't want to anger him. He is already as angry and upset as it is. I know that Ever looks like Everett and that it pains him to think of Everett.

"No Emily. I mean no disrespect, but I have a job to do," he says taking a step forward, holding his head high as if to challenge me to tell him other whys.

"Just be quiet she is asleep," I say, knowing that I cannot argue with the Alpha.

The Alpha walks over to the curtain and pushes it to the side. I see him stiffen.

"Everett," the name passes through Bryson's mouth as if he didn't mean to.

I walk over to Bryson and place a hand on his shoulder. His eyes held tears in them. He stared at Ever and reached a hand out to touch her before pulling it back. He turns to me.

"Bryson, I know that it will be very painful for you to be around her because of her similarity to Everett, but please don't put that before your judgement of her. She is a very sweet girl and with some training she would be a good new pack doctor," I say. His wolf, if he was still there would say if this was his mate. "Has you wolf said anything?"

"You know of all people that ever since the day Everett died my wolf has resided into the back of my mind and will never come back," he says running his hand through his dark brown and blonde hair.

"Yes, but I just thought maybe," I trailed off.

"Bry Bry," a whimper came from the bed. My eyes widened what did she just say?

Bryson

"Bry Bry," a whimper came from the girl.

That name only one person called me that. Everett. I looked over at her, still in shock at how much she looked like Everett.

"Bry Bry, help," another whimper. I couldn't stand it. This girl wasn't my Everett. She couldn't know that name. I backed away and ran out of the room.

I ran and ran, until I was outside where I shifted. I ran and ran some more. That girl, Ever, her whimpers sounded in my ears more and more. I howled in pain and grief. I howled for my lost love. My heart began to break more and more.