21

Everett

Bryson led me outside and towards the woods. I could see little paper lanterns hanging from the trees. Creating a soft glow and I saw that it led down a path in the woods.

"Bryson where are we going?" I ask curiously. I couldn't help it my nerves were jumbled and my heart was racing.

"Well my little one, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, would it?" Bryson says and kisses me on the nose. Before taking my hand again.

Our fingers were intertwined and I gripped his tightly He led me into the forest and down the path where the paper lanterns shined. They were an array of pinks, reds, and oranges. Even though the sun was still shining the forest was dark from the cover of the trees.

I reached up with my hand that wasn't attached to Bryson's and ran my fingers over the smooth paper of the lanterns. My fingertips barely grazed them. As we continued to walk, I say a clearing up ahead. I let go of Bryson's hand and ran towards it.

I remember this clearing. It was mine and Bryson's clearing. In the centre was a small pond a small water fall flowed water into the beautiful pond. The trees were a beautiful green colour and seemed to shine in the light. A blanket sat with a picnic basket under the shade of a big oak tree.

"This clearing," I say. I can't get my thoughts together and tears are blurring my vision.

"Yes I know you may not remember this place but we came here before you disappeared. We used to have picnics and I thought as a first date we should come here," he says and walks over to me.

"I remember. This is our clearing. Our clearing," I trailed off. Tears stream down my cheeks and I don't know why.

"Hey hey little one. Don't cry," he says and wipes my tears away.

"You're just too good for me. You are so sweet. You did all this for me," I say and bury my head in his chest.

"Of course I did all this for you. You are my mate and you deserve this, he says and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you," I say looking into his mismatch eyes.

"Yes but I love hearing it every time you say it," he says and pecks my lips.

"I love you," I whisper against his lips.

"And I love you," he whispers back before devouring his lips to mine.

Bryson pulls me away and pulls me towards the blanket. We sit down, our backs against trunk of the big oak tree. Our legs are intertwined. I rest my head against his shoulders.

"I made us lunch/dinner," Bryson says and reaches for the picnic basket. Inside are peanut butter sandwiches. Also I see spaghetti and garlic bread. "What would you like to eat?"

"Spaghetti and garlic bread please," I say.

Bryson hands me a plate and a fork. He scoops the spaghetti onto my plate. He hands me a piece of garlic bread also. He does the same for himself and sets the picnic basket to the side. I take a bite of my garlic bread. It is still warm from the oven and as the perfect amount of crunch and garlic taste.

"Mm did you make this?" I ask.

"With the help of my mother and yours. They helped me decide what I make and then helped me cook it all," he says and takes a bite of garlic bread. "Dang I did good," he says smugly.

"Okay mister, I'll give you that," I say and twirl some spaghetti on my fork. This. Spaghetti. Is. The. Most. Delicious. Things. I. Have. Ever. Tasted.