19

Bryson

I felt Everett's pain flare through my mind, white flashing behind my eyes. I had been planning our very first date when it happened. What is happening? What is wrong with my mate?

I stood up and ran out of my office and heading towards her scent.

"Everett what's wrong?" I ask through our semi-formed mind link.

No answer. I try again and come up with the same result. The pain she feeling must be frightening her so much that she can't hear me. I hear Legend reaching out for Ariel but he comes up short.

"Why aren't they answering?" I ask him.

"Ariel isn't responding to any of my calls. It's like she isn't there," his voice his frantic.

"We'll find them and make sure there safe," I say trying to sound reassuring.

"Everett!" I yell as I see her. Her parents are holding her up and she seems to have no energy to walk. "What's wrong? What happened?" My hand fly to her face, wiping the river of tears.

"Bryson her wolf isn't responding and her wound has reopened. We think the only way to heal is with your blood," Emily says, she's crying, her shoulders shaking lightly.

"Bryson, please you have to help her," Michael says, his eyes begging for me to help.

"Of course I will help her. She's my mate. I know what to do. We need to be alone for this. I will mind link you as soon as I know if it has worked," I say.

I start to walk quickly, not wanting to jar Everett and cause her any pain. Everett grips my shirt, lightly crying into my chest. I just whispered into her hair saying it was going to be alright. I could feel through our bond the stinging, burning pain had lessened from Everett but was still there.

"Bryson what are you going to do?" Everett asks as I sit her on our bed. I rip her shirt off near the shoulder. I need to see how bad the wound is.

I rip my shirt off too. "You are going to bite into my neck and take my blood." That is what is going to heal her. The blood of her mate and Alpha.

"No I can't. That would hurt you. I can't hurt you," she says and tries to back away. Why won't she take my blood?

"No Everett you will take my blood in order to heal yourself. Don't you want to live with me? Have children? Don't you want us to mate?" I say and pull her close. I push her head lightly towards the spot where my shoulder and neck meet.

"Of course I do," she says, her eyes say everything. She wants that future. She wants to mate with me and have children. She wants to live.

"Then take my blood and live. We can have that life. You just have to take my blood. Now bite and let me help you heal," I say and prepare for her to bite.