17

Bryson

"Baby, what happened?" I ask after I carried her back to our room.

"This girl came up to me when I went to get a drink and was saying that she wanted me to leave. She said that she comforted you, pleasured you and that I was nothing to you. Is it true? Did she comfort you? Did she pleasure you when I wasn't here?" She asks, staring into my eyes. They are glassy from her tears.

Her questions cause a deep anger to bubble in my stomach. Is she doubting my love for her? After all this time. After the years she was gone and I continued to love her.

"I can't believe you are asking me that? I would never make love to another women when I have a mate. I loved you then and I love you now. I would never love another women when I have you," I whisper the last part. My heart filling with sadness. Did Everett not love me as much as I loved her? Did she not believe in my love for her?

"I love you," she jumps into my arms and smashes her lips to mine. Her kiss is urgent and I can feel her conveying all her love for me into it. She is trying to convince me that she loves me. But she doesn't have too. I know that she loves me. I can feel her guilt through our mate bond and I can tell that it is overwhelming her. I convey my love for her through the bond and the sense of calm so that her guilt can float away.

"Don't feel guilty little one, I now after everything you went through at the Red Sun Pack that you will have feelings of insecurity anyone would after all those years of being abused," I say and brush a strand of hair away from her eyes.

"I'm sorry Bryson, I now that I am being troublesome with all this, but I really do love you will everything I am. Your my heart, my life, my soul mate," she declares and places my hand over her heart.

I feel it thump steadily beneath my fingers. I know that she loves me, her heart steadily beating under my fingertips proves this. It proves that she is alive and that she is here with me and that she loves me. That is all I need to know. I only need to know one thing; that she loves me. Her eyes hold nothing but love, nothing but truth about what she was saying.

"I love you, you know that. I know that you are delicate like a flower right now. I know that you love me. I know that. You just have to believe me," I say and place a hand on her soft cheek, rubbing my thumb over it. She leans into it, eyes closed.

"I am not delicate," she grumbles eyes still closed and leaning against my hand.

I just chuckle and stroke her cheek. She is delicate, delicate beyond belief. The episode she had, proved that. Her control over her mind could snap at any moment in time. I needed to be able to keep her stable. I need to be able to hide the memories of her time at Red Sun and give her new better memories.

A knock on the door snaps us out of our moment and I look at her apologetically. She just kisses the palm of my hand and nods to the door. I kiss her forehead before standing up. I open the door and see Logan standing their two plates full of food in his hands.

"Hey, you brought us food. What a good Beta you are," I say teasingly and I take the plates from him.

"Yeah, yeah I know," he says but turns serious. "Can I see her? Just for a minute, I need to know that she is alright," he says.

"Yes of course," I say and move to the side for Logan can enter. I close the door behind him.

Logan sat on the bed next to Everett. He gives her a hug before sitting back, a look of concern on his face. Handing Everett a plate of food, which contained a steak and a salad on it, I grabbed the roller chair and sat down on it, and dug into my food.