15

Bryson

A knock on the door made me look of from the paper work I was supposed to be doing but couldn't because I was completely distracted about coming up with ideas for my date with Everett. I peek up and see Everett walk on

'He looks so sexy wearing those glasses,' I heard her thoughts through our bond. Even though I have marked her or mates with her our bond is strong enough to communicate through if we are close enough.

"Thank you. I think you look sexy all the time," I say to her. Her cheeks burst with colour and her mouth opens in a silent question. "Mate bond," I say, pointing to my head and then my heart.

She nods and walks over to me, sitting in my lap. Her legs drape over my lap. Her brown hair is as wavy and thick as ever. But it is beautiful. Her eyes are sparkling just like when we were kids. I lean down and kiss her gently on the lips.

"What are you doing?" She asks curiously looking over the, what seemed to be a billion papers, that littered my desk.

"Just some pack work little one. Nothing to worry about. I just have to sign some papers and drawl up the revocation of the peace treaty between us and the Red Sun Pack. I should be down soon," I tuck a piece of hair behind Everett's ear and I see there is a argument raging in her head. Her eyes hold uncertainty like she is worried that what she wants to say is going to anger me.

"Everett whatever you want to say you can say it. It's not going to hurt my feeling or make me angry," I wrap my arms around her, giving her a gentle but reassuring squeeze.

"It's just, I don't want you to end the peace treaty between us and the Red Sun Pack," she whispers.

Anger bubbles in my chest. The Red Sun Pack tortured her and she doesn't want them out of the peace treaty. They left her to die in that basement. If she would have never left we wouldn't have seen each other again.

"I know what they did to me was horrible. Trust me I know, I will always carry the scars that they left on my body and mind-" she's cut off by my growl. She places her hand on my cheek and I lean into it, calming me instantly. "But there are families there. Some are good and some are bad. But they are people just like us, and some have children. And if they don't have the protection we offer through the peace treaty they could be attack. They could be attacked, their pack could be killed and those kids could die or worse go through what Alice and Justin went through. Watching their parents die and having to run away. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even the Member of the Red Sun Pack."

My anger turned to understanding. She doesn't want people to be hurt. Her nature is to protect people. Everett was born to be a ruler and she wants to protect people. Her selflessness is a gift from the moon goddess herself.

"You are going to be a great Luna and mother when the time comes," I say, turning her head toward her. She opens her mouth in denial. "Don't even think about denying it," I poke jerk the nose.

"Bryson I have been thinking," she pauses.

"Uhh oh you thinking, I think the world is going to explode," I joke.

"Haha whatever Bryson," she glares playfully before continuing. "I was thinking, I know that Alice and Justin are happy but I want to adopt them. I know Mrs. Hall has a few kids she is watching but I want to adopt Alice and Justin. I want them to have a family again," she says and I see nervousness in her eyes as she started wringing her hands in her lap. "I know we may not be-" I cut her off slamming my lips to her mouth.

"That is a wonderful idea. But let's wait until all the drama is over," I say and she nods in response, biting her lower lip. I know my eyes shift back in forth from black to their original colours. Lust fills both our eyes.