10

Logan

Everett, my dear sister, had always cheered me up, when I was sad. But ever since she disappeared no one has been able to cheer me up the way she did. Everett would come up to me and just hug me, saying it was going to alright. It always cheered me up because I knew with my sister by my side it was going to be alright.

I sigh as an overwhelming sadness washes over me like ice water. I stare up at the night sky, the stars are twinkling. I hear a knock on my bedroom, but I don't say anything. It's probably Bryson or my parents coming to check on me. I just need some time alone right now.

After Ever told me that she was having dreams of my sister, the depression that I tried so hard to keep at bay came running back. I realized that my sister was never coming back and that I would never see her again. I hear my bedroom door open and people walk in. 

"Logan, we have some good news," Mom says.

"I don't want to hear it. I just want to be alone," I says not looking at my mother and my father who I can practically feel their happiness radiating off of them. How could they be good news? How could they be happy with Everett is gone?

I hear someone walk over to me, and small arms wrap around me from behind.

"I'm sorry I was gone for so long," I hear Ever, Everett, say. I reach up and grab the tiny arms that are wrapped around me. My sister is crying.

I turn around and see my sister. Her brown hair and green eyes, just the way I remember them. I put my hand on her face and quickly pull her into a hug. I cry into her shoulder and she does the same to me. I can't believe after all this time, after all these years, she has come back.

"I never stopped believing that you were alive. I never stopped," I whisper.

"I know, I know," she whispered back to me.

I just continued to hug my sister tighter and tighter. I felt more arms wrap around me and I saw my mom and dad out of the corner of my eyes. They were crying too. I know that we were going to be happy and that we were going to be a family again.

I don't know how long we stood there hugging, but I didn't care. My sister was back.

"Well I don't know what to say?" I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Logan, there is nothing to say. I'm just so happy that I am back," Ever..uhh.. Everett says. Wow it is going to be hard to get used to calling her that.

"Should I call you Everett or Ever?" I ask, I don't want to be calling her something she doesn't want to be called.

"It doesn't matter. Call me whatever you want," she says. I see in her eyes that she is antsy. I know she wants to see her mate. I can practically see her wolf pacing around in her head.

"Everett, you want to see Bryson don't you? I can see it in your eyes," I say, she nods her head before looking down at the ground. She feels bad, and I understand why. She doesn't want to leave her family but she wants to see her mate. "Let's go, I know Bryson will be very happy to see you," I grab her hand and start to walk. 

I know that Bryson in his room. I know that he has been even more depressed then I have been but he has to hold it in, for the good of the pack. We make it to his room and Everett's grip tightens on my hand. I smile down at her. I knock on the door and here Bryson grumble a come in. I open the door and see Bryson sitting at his desk, looking at the necklace he was going to give to Everett. Bryson turns and his mouth opens in shock.

"Everett," he whispers in shock.

Bryson

I look at the necklace that I was going to give to Everett after I got back from my trip with my dad. It was a wolf howling and it was carved from an emerald. I have kept it all this time, because the colour always reminded me of the colour of Everett's eyes and how they sparkled with happiness. I heard a knock on the door, but I didn't turn my head.

"Come in," I grumbled, even though I didn't want to see anybody.

I heard the door open and the scent of cinnamon and brown sugar wafted into my nostrils. Wait that's Everett's scent.

I turn around and I know my mouth falls down to the floor, "Everett," I whisper.

Mate, a whisper in the wind. My wolf. My wolf said something, this girl. She has to be Everett.

I see Ever slowly start to walk towards me. My eyes start to water. I see out of the corner of my eye, Logan leaving and shutting the door. I stay where I am when Ever reaches me. I lift a hand up and touch her cheek, wiping a tear that cascaded down her soft cheek. I feel a zap of electricity that travels up my arm and to my chest.

"Everett?" I ask, I have to know. I have to know if this is my Everett.

"Yes, Bryson. I'm so sorry," she says and buries her head in my chest.

"Oh my mate, my Everett," I say and hug her tightly. I bury my head in her neck

"Bry bry," she whimpered and cried into my chest.

I cry into her shoulder. I have no thoughts, I have a million thoughts. My mind is like a blizzard, I can sense my wolf, I can hear his howls. I am overjoyed: my mate is alive and in my arms and my wolf has returned.

I reach up and caress her cheek, wiping the tears away. I stare into her eyes. After all these years, I can't believe it. She was so close at Red Sun Pack. Rage bubbled in my chest and a growl escaped my lips. I had been there so many times over the years and I never seen Everett once. I felt a soft hand on my cheek and I looked down at my mate.

"What's wrong?" she asks in a soft voice, her voice held the concern it always did even when we were kids.

"All these years you were at the Red Sun Pack and I never knew," I say and wrap my arms around her waist and push my nose into her hair.

"I remember whenever an Alpha came to the pack I would be kept in the basement until they left. You must have been one of the Alphas," she says and runs a hand through my blonde and brown locks.

"I should have known that you were there. I'm so sorry," I whisper.

"It's okay. I'm here now and that is all that matters," she says.

"I will never forgive them," I say and hug her more tightly. I pull us onto my bed and place her on my lap. She continues to run her finger through my hair.

"What happened to your hair and your eyes? I don't remember you having blonde and brown hair. Or green and blue eyes," she says looking me in the eyes.

"When you disappeared, my wolf and I became depressed and my wolf resided to the back of my mind. When he resided my hair changed from blonde to blonde with random pieces of brown. My left eye turned to green also. I guess the shock of our mate being gone made my appearance change," I say running a hand through my hair.

"Well I like it,' she says and lays her head on my shoulder.

"Everett I have something to give you," I say and set her on my bed and I walk over to my desk and pick up the necklace. "I got this during my trip with my dad the day you disappeared, I was going to give it to you when I got back but that didn't happen."

I slip the necklace around her neck and smile. She looks down at the necklace and smiles.

"It's beautiful," she says and stands up to hug me.

"I'm never going to let you go again," I say and wrap my arms around her again.

"I'm not going to stop you," she says and looks into my eyes.

My gaze travels down to her lips and I see hers do the same. I look into her eyes for reassurance and I see no worry, no sadness, all I see is happiness and love. And that is all I need to see before I lean down and do what I wanted for years.

***

Finally Bryson and Ever (Everett) are together. I think their ship name will be Bryer. If you can come up with a ship name please comment it. Sorry I took so long to update I had the literacy test this week and it was so busy. I am sorry for any grammatical mistakes. If you enjoyed the chapter COMMENT and VOTE! Please SHARE and if you want FOLLOW!

~~BrilliantCrescent