29

I want to put an author's note at the beginning because I want to thank all of you for reading this story.

Wow this story has reached 600 reads. I know for some people that may not seem like a lot but to me I am proud of myself. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.

Please comment and vote I appreciate all and any feed back. Also share and follow. Thank you and read on.

***

Bryson

"Mommy you were in a cell and you were being tortured. You were screaming for Daddy. It was so loud and scary," Alice jumps into my mate's arms crying and shaking in fear.

I saw fear in Everett's eyes. Everett doesn't know about the entire conversation that the Moon Goddess and I had. But she knows that there is a connection between that conversation and Alice's dream. And she fears it.

"Alice don't worry everything is going to be alright," Everett soothes Alice, rubbing her back.

"But Mama, it was so scary and it seemed so real," she cries not soothed at all.

Justin tries to comfort her and it works but only a little. She still cries and whimpers but not as hysterically. She really is scared and I know it is because she doesn't want to lose another mother and she doesn't want to lose her family.

I walk over and kneel beside Everett and Alice. I know I have to reassure Alice the best I could.

"Alice look at me," I say sternly. Alice turns her head and looks at me. Tears glisten in her bright eyes and cascade down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see my daughter like this. "I promise I will protect Mana to the best of my ability. I'll try to not allow anything to happen to Mama. I promise Alice that if Mama is hurt or taken in anyway, I will get her back to you. To our family."

I know I can't allow myself to lie and promise her that nothing will happen to Everett because I know even though I might be trying my hardest the Red Sun Pack may be able to take Everett. But I k ow I can promise to Alice that I will get her Mama back of she is taken.

"Do you really promise, Daddy?" Alice wipes her eyes with her fists. Everett brushes her hair back and kisses her forehead.

"Yes I promise from the bottom of my heart," I say and give her a kiss on the forehead before giving Justin a kiss too.

I say Alice's eyes close and her breathing slow. She fell asleep. I know all this has tired her out. Everett stands up with Alice in her arms and heads towards the stairs. Justin follows, running to catch up.

I pick up the dishes and bring them over to the sink. That seemed to be over flowing with dishes. I better clean this up. I begin to rinse the dishes and place them into the dishwasher.

My concern for Alice clouds my brain and I can stop but think did the moon goddess do this to warn Everett and I about what is about to come?

Tiny hands rub my now tense shoulders. Tingles spread through my arms and towards my heart. Everett. My shoulder sag and my muscles relax. She kisses the back of my neck lovingly.

"Honey, you need to relax," she says and walks around so she is in front of me.

"Everett what if Alice's dream is a message and that we need to prepare. What if-" Everett interrupts me by placing her hands on my cheeks and squishing them.

"Bryson, listen to me. I know you are worried but you don't need to because I know that you will protect me no matter what. I know if something were to happen to me you would come for me and save me. I am scared but I am not scared enough to think that you won't protect me. I know you will protect and save me no matter what. So you have nothing to worry about because I'm not worried so you shouldn't be worried," she says and finishes her speech with a kiss to the lips.