9

Bryson

I walked into the hospital wing to talk to Emily and Michael about Logan. He still hasn't come out of his room. But at least I got him to eat more than he was before. His depression is getting worse and now he barely talks. I am beginning to worry that Logan will not be able to survive this time. Ever since Everett died, Logan has been on the edge of depression and at times when he is teetering back into his depression, I put aside my position as Alpha for a short period of time and focus on getting my Beta and best friend back to health.

I walk into the hospital wing and find Emily cleaning some wounds on the girl, Ever. Her back was covered in gashes and I could see a deep gash on her shoulder that looked not to be healing as well as it should be. A growl escaped my mouth without my intention.

"Oh, hello Alpha," Michael says. Emily glances at me from the corner of her eye. I know she wants to keep her concentration on bandaging Ever. I nod to Michael before turning to Emily.

"Who did that to her?" I growl out. What is wrong with me? Why am I so angry?

"The Alpha from her old pack. The wounds on her back are healing better than the gashes on her shoulder. They cut her with a blade made of silver and that blade was also coated in wolf's bane," Emily's eye start to water before she bits her lips to stop from crying.

I know this is hard on her. The girl looks like her daughter. "Why isn't her wolf healing her?"

"The process of getting all the wolf's bane out of her body was too much for her wolf to handle. Her wolf as resided to the back of her mind until she grows stronger. Her wolf even though I can tell she is very strong was not able to get all the wolf's bane out of her body," Emily says, looking away from me. I see her shoulder slump.

I can tell she doesn't want to look weak in front of me because of me being the Alpha. I walk up to her and put a hand on her shoulder, she tenses and turns to me. Her eyes are rimmed with tears and her eyes are glassy.

"Emily, you don't have to always be strong," Emily's tears pour out of her eyes and she starts to cry.

I hug Emily real tight before letting her go to her mate, who also had tears in his eyes. They loved their daughter... no they still love their daughter very much and with this girl looking like their daughter and with her being so badly injured, it must be hard on them. I know that it is hard because Everett was my mate and this girl is bringing back memories I tried so hard to keep in the back of my mind.

I walk over to the bed and look at the sleeping girl. I can almost feel how weak she is feeling. My thoughts drift to the first time I saw this girl. The way she whimpered Bry Bry. I wonder if it is possible that is girl could be my Everett. I pick her up and she snuggles into my chest. A small smile grazes my lips before I put my emotionless mask back into place. I sense of guilt floods over me. Am I betraying Everett?

"I will take her to her room," I say and walk out of the door before Emily and Michael can say anything.

Ever

Someone had carried me to my room. I remember falling asleep in the hospital room and now I am in my bedroom. Emily or Michael must have carried me to my room, but a lingering sweet yet musky scent was left in my room.

The dream I had it was a message. Everett; the mate of Alpha Bryson, the sister of Beta Logan and the daughter of the former Beta and the Beta Female, was alive. She was never killed, her memories were replaced with new ones so that it seemed that Everett Grace never existed. I had to talk to Emily and Michael and then maybe if he will see me the Alpha. They deserved to know that their daughter, mate, and sister was alive.