36

Ella

The sounds of yelling and growls caused me to flinch inwardly. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I curl myself into a tighter ball.

I sat in the dark grimy room that was my bedroom. The bed had a mattress with springs on the brink of bursting through the fabric and no windows. The room was cold and was a concrete cell. It wasn't the bedroom that anyone should have. Every girl should have a bedroom that allows her to feel the way she wants to. It should be somewhere that a girl can cry or scream or laugh and be what she wants to be. This room was not one of those.

A scream echoes through the halls and my breathing instantly stops. As the scream stops I take in a small breathe. I hear footsteps make their down the hall and towards my room. Oh no! Whoever has the guts to attack the monsters that once worked here must be strong and must be out to kill.

A sob breaks through my throat and my hands shoot up to my mouth trying to muffle them. The sobs wouldn't stop. The sound of footsteps and panting grew closer and closer to my door and I will myself to stop crying.

A shadow appears in the crack under my door and I remain completely still. The door is pushed open and the most handsome man I have ever seen walked inside. I push myself against the wall and stare up at him, fear gripping at me like icy claws.

The man standing in front of me had shaggy chocolate brown hair that covered his eyes ever so slightly. His eyes were a brilliant green just like Everett's. His features were strong and sharp, his cheek bones sharp and chin squared. His body was toned, tanned, and muscular.

My wolf stirred inside my head and forced herself foreword, just as the handsome stranger surged forward himself, "Mate."

A gasp echoes through me as I look down at the ground but not without noticing that my mate is... NAKED! I cover my eyes and remain in my little circle against the wall, prepared to hear the worst.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry," I hear him shuffle and he pulls the blanket from my bed and ties it around himself. Successfully covering himself.

I uncover my left eye and see him kneeling in front of me. I flinch away, against my will. After years of being a rogue I have become skittish. Hurt flashes through his eyes and he steps back a little. My hand instantly reaches out for him and I quickly snatch it back and hug it tightly to my chest.

"If you're going to reject me why don't you already?" I say and look away.

"Why would I reject you? You're beautiful and my mate. I have been waiting for you for years," he says and slowly reaches for my hand but winces and pulls back placing his hand on his side.

A smear of blood is on his waist. My wolf growls and it slips through my mouth, "You're hurt."

"It's nothing," he says.

I walk over to the small dresser that sits in the corner and take out some bandages. "Sit on the bed, I'll patch you up."

The bed cricks embarrassingly as he sits down and I kneel beside him. He winces as I wrap the bandage around his waist tightly and I mutter a quite apology.

"What's your name?" He asks as I finish.

"Ella. Ella Silvester. Yours?" I ask and can't help but think of Everett as I look ingot his brilliant green eyes.

"Logan Grace," he says and I can't help but notice of sexy his voice is. All thick and soft like chocolate. "Ella, my pack is here looking for my sister. Her name is Everett do you have any idea where she is?"

"Everett," I say, shocked.

"Yes, do you know her? Do you know where she is?" He asks frantically.