47

April 8thThursday 3:45 pm

April 8th
Thursday
3:45 pm

Hisoka Pov

After (Y/N) ignored her own belly's call for help and left me in awe with her stubbornness, Illumi kept me company atop the ship's bridge and we both watched how the other candidates are coping with the upcoming threat of starvation.

To leave the island using whatever option they have, may it be to fly in an air balloon or sail using an average size boat or worse, rowing boat. We have chosen to stay because I have a feeling that the map they saw lying on plain sight was a trap to decrease the number of participants.

However, the weather got upset around the afternoon and immediately showed those people that they've made a mistake of leaving the comfort of the metal ship.

"Hmm. Look at your mom Illumi. She's helping my toy behind the scenes. How sweet." I grinned as I threw an invisible rope around her waist while she's preoccupied on using her own nen to prevent the boat from getting sucked by the water spout nearby.

"What are you up to Hisoka?" Illumi spoke from the mouth of a gun turret where he slid himself in, like a bullet.

"Which one?" I tried to dodge his obvious question but Illumi was being persistent on the topic.

"Why are you chasing (Y/N)? What's in it for you?" He asked curiously.

"I'm intrigued because you said she perhaps joined this competition to learn on how to take your father out in a battle so I'm doing this to distract her." Illumi just looked at me but I can tell he's not buying it. "A debt I might need for you to repay in the future."

"Leave her alone."

My hand froze in the air at his statement that felt more like a threat. "I didn't expect you to be this sympathetic to a woman who tried to ruin your family."

"It's complicated."

"Don't tell me you're attracted to her as well?" I temporarily choked at my own words and revised it smoothly to keep the truth to myself. "I meant just like your father."

Illumi remained silent so I took that as a yes. Unfortunately, that would be a disadvantage for me. It would've been the best time to extract more information but the current situation has forced us to return in the comfort of our bedrooms and waited for the storm to dissipate.

However, the next day just proved there's no time to loiter because the next storm seems to be worse and the people around us are busy running here and there to fix the ship.

I even saw (Y/N) recreating the gun turret Illumi have broken earlier in secret. I overheard that a candidate may use it, whether against the mountain behind or those strong winds that are fast approaching which were causing the waves of water to rise steadily.

"Gon! It's dangerous to swim at this rate!" (Y/N) yelled from the bow but the boy insisted he needs to assist his friend on collecting solid metal balls containing black powder.

"Don't worry about that! I had it covered!"

Too bad the boy already dived underwater to hear what she has to say. The loud explosions also made it harder for the two to communicate so the only thing she has left to do is wait.

To my surprise Gon did came back up. Although he appears to be drowning due to the falling debris and growing tidal waves. (Y/N) reached for him but the boy got washed further from the ship, she had to follow suit. Fortunately for her, I got her ass on my hands.

I pulled her back into my arms while someone high up was playing with the twin twelve to sixteen-inch gun turrets and began firing against the rocky soil where the warship is stuck and after that, towards the deadly column of water.

"W-where's the boy?" (Y/N) asked after coughing water out of her hoarse throat.

"He's fine."

"T-thank you Hisoka."

"You know this isn't for free right?"

"Of course."

I was taken aback by her sweet smile that's been caught by the small ray of light. I thought she's finally boarding the trap I laid, yet I found out she has left along with airship the moment we arrived to the next phase.

Unrelated:

Redrain sis this is my other camp in coc lol