59

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS BOOK HAS IT'S OWN STORYLINE. ONLY BITS AND PIECES OF CANON WILL BE INCLUDED.

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES, THE STORYLINE IS GETTING MORE COMPLICATED I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I DON'T SCREW THIS UP. XD

April 19th
Monday
2:46 pm

(Same day as the last chapter)

Reader Pov

Shįt...

I stepped back slowly and stealthily, only to bump against the guy behind me. It would've been fine if he wasn't carrying a bottle of champagne which I accidentally elbowed to oblivion and crashed over a glass table nearby.

Goddamnit every time Hisoka is in the area, I always lose focus.

It was too late to hide since Hisoka was now staring at me so intensely, I couldn't even speak to say sorry on the person who got in trouble because of me.

The young man apologized on my behalf then dashed to the kitchen to bring another bottle from the pantry. Meanwhile, I have to clean the mess up because there's no one else left behind.

"I did not expect for you to be stalking me, much less in broad daylight."

My hand hung over a shard of glass for a second but I thought it would be better to ignore his teasing and pretend I didn't hear it.

"So you're going back there huh?" He added.

I couldn't help but spare a glance and caught a glimpse of him leaning his back on the counter northeast of my position while sipping a glass of whiskey. He looked totally different in his black suits and free falling red hair, especially now that there was no weird makeup on.

"It's non of your business." I spoke in the slightest manner to avoid unnecessary commotion.

"I'm disappointed. The way you're acting like a desperate woman disgusts me."

My blood rose up in my head upon hearing that and my reflexes made me push the shard of glass against his smooth, pale neck. "Yes I'm desperate. Desperate to take my daughter back from those manipulative bastards!"

I panted in anger and surprisingly, Hisoka just stared at me in awe.

Composing myself was the first thing that crossed my mind after that. I stood up and left the room as fast as I could to get sip fresh air outside, glaring daggers on each of the staffs blocking my way.

"So I was right all along. You wanted to revenge."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Please leave me alone."

"You need help?" I immediately turned my head at the weird redhead. He doesn't look like he's teasing me anymore yet I can't bring myself to believe that he'd actually care. However, it's definitely better to have someone as backup just in case worse come to worst.

"No thanks. I'm well aware you do not do charity."

"Hmm. What if I told you I know what you're up to and that I'm going there for the same reason?"

I frowned at him. "I don't believe you."

"There's a bounty on one of the people living there and I'm bored at the moment so—"

"Why are you even telling me this?" It's confusing to say the least, for this weird man had been strange since the beginning so I didn't bother stressing myself just to explain it.

"I was thinking it'll be fun to have a partner. Especially you." Hisoka smirked and it sent me chills.

"This is a serious matter to me."

"I know." He said and brushed his hair back with his long and slender fingers. "Let's just say we can have our separate ways once I'm locked on my target."

"Are you referring to the members of the family?" I asked curiously. All of a sudden, I felt anxiety and I couldn't brush it off completely.

"Hmm. Not exactly." He winked at me and leaned his right arm over the stainless steel waist-high handrail. "It's a secret."

I rolled my eyes. "As long as it doesn't concern me and my daughter... then I don't really care."

"It's a deal then?"

A deep sigh left my mouth. This is definitely a bad idea. "... as long as you don't get in my way."