50

A/N:

Apologies for the late update and I hope you'll read carefully because this is important for the future chapters. Thank you for your feedbacks and support.^^

April 11th
Sunday
8:48 am

Reader Pov

~~~

Never leave your child alone before it's too late. She is now the only heir of the Zoldycks since her one and only brother Killua has left for who knows how long.
It's the reason why Master Illumi is sent to bring him back because apart from him, no one else was a real Zoldyck.
Please save our Master that has been manipulated for years by his own father and trusted butler.

~~~

I'm still very confused on the meaning behind her letter that I was in a daze in the room for who knows how long and my mind was still too caught up with it when I stepped out that I almost bumped into Silva's exposed frontal body if he wasn't swift enough to hold my upper arms to prevent a collision.

"Sorry." I simply said because of extreme embarrassment that he saw my (e/c) eyes chasing the droplets of water sensually trickling over his toned muscles, down his tight lower abdomen and probably even lower if his bulge wasn't hidden underneath a white, fluffy cotton towel.

I eventually cleared my throat and went on my way to ask the gatekeepers to let me stay over there once again, just to be able to watch my girl without letting Sylvia know I'm still around to protect her from any pending harm.

Somehow deep in my chest I wanted him to stop me from leaving the mansion but for some reason, Silva didn't even look back and walked through the empty hallway as cold as the smooth rocks surrounding the walls and floors.

His indifference shouldn't matter. I whispered at the back of my head. You swore to forget about him. You managed to live without him for years and years. Through ups and downs. Moving on this time around shouldn't be that hard right?

I head straight to my bedroom and washed my face with cold water and briskly brushed my teeth to let my frustration out. It gave me some sense of reality instead, elevated by my own sad reflection in the circular mirror above the deep and rough marble sink.

I lost Silva. Then I lost Sylvia.
Both to the same woman.

The tears I've been keeping earlier finally showed up and raced down towards my chin in a steady stream. I felt so helpless and pathetic. I don't even understand how things came down to this because I did everything I could for the both of them. And yet here I am, left alone like I did something wrong.

I wiped my face with a face towel hanging from the steel bar beneath the sink and departed without looking back because if I did, I might change my mind and start to beg.

"Took you long enough." I quickly turned my head back and saw Tsubone standing over a sturdy branch halfway down the paved road.

"I was busy thinking about the meaning of your message."

"Not here." She warned and ushered me to the gates, out to a crowded area by the market place at the foot of the hill, dressed in a grey cloak.

"Do you really have to go through these lengths just to say your employer is cheating with her husband?"

"This isn't a light matter to be discussed without hard proof. It'll only hurt Master Silva but he won't be able to do anything because the word "cheating" goes both ways."

A meat seller's loud voice interrupted our conversation so Tsubone continued right after we passed that stall.

"Master Silva never had sex with her for years because he couldn't move on from leaving you at that state. He regretted it so much that he remained stalking you whenever he had missions and that lead Master Zeno to take Master Silva's semen through an experienced doctor just to get his wife pregnant without forcing them to mate."

I was in awe upon hearing that confession, however, I choked on my own saliva when she added—

"I understand the desperation but I saw Gotoh switch the sample with his own."