51

April 11th
Sunday
10:12 am

Reader Pov

"So basically you were saying that Illumi isn't his son?" I whispered even though no one's close enough to hear the shocking truth.

"No. Judging by how the Mistress had to go above and beyond on seducing him yet he never fell for it. Gotoh definitely has let Master Zeno have his way once to prevent suspicion but as you've witnessed, those two have raised their affair to a bolder level.

"That's sounds like pure speculation." I'm not sure why I'm defending them when this revelation is an advantage to me but I guess the mother in me feels bad that innocent children will lose a parent or two when this crap blows up.

She sighed deeply and smiled at me for some reason. "I have been Master Silva's butler since he was a child and I know that boy from inside out. He is still very much in love with you and will easily believe everything that you would say. Doesn't matter even if you have proof or not." Tsubone held my hands like a typical worried mother, "he deserves to be happy."

I raised a brow at her being focused on Silva's sake alone, however, she's not wrong. Silva's happiness can mean my happiness too even though I never thought that time would come where my family will be considered as one. And in public.

"I'm not really sure." I sighed much longer than hers. "This isn't as easy as you think it is."

"You want proof?" She smirked and rummaged her inner chest pocket for a mobile phone. "I'll call him and he won't hesitate to come if you're involved."

"That's crazy." I scoffed because it's too much of a stretch to prove a point.

"Good day Master Silva." Tsubone side stared me and scanned the area for possible eavesdropping individuals. Luckily there was none. People of colors are too busy minding their own business and to be honest that was such a relief.

"Lady (Y/N) is being held at gun point. The other person is apparently a nen user. They're at the nearest town's marketplace. Should I intervene?" She asked, smiling as if she's giggling to herself.

I shook my head in disbelief. She'll most likely gonna get fired for this unnecessary drama and I feel bad for her that I might not be able to help since Silva has already changed.

"Master Silva?" Tsubone eventually stood up after calling his name a few times and still getting no response. I actually thought he ignored her until she left to hide behind a tree nearby and Silva came from above, creating a brief quake at his landing a few minutes later.

"Woah..." I mumbled to myself and grab ahold of the table in front for stability.

"Are you alright?" Silva growled while his sapphire blue eyes swept all directions for anyone hostile.

Tsubone sent me a glare and I sighed in return. "Aren't you supposed to not show yourself to the public?"

"Not really." Silva frowned at me yet he didn't say anything else.

"We need to talk but it's too loud in here—" I wasn't finished yet when Silva grabbed my body like a cat and leaped over a brick roof three stories high. I had no choice but to clamp my fingers around his thick neck because the impact almost got our heads ramming against each other.

"Later. After I've disposed the people prying at us." He said prior to jumping around till we arrived at the border.

I wanted to tell him that it was a lie, however, the warmth and intoxicating scent coming from him has gotten me captivated, time passed without my knowledge.

"You'll be safe here." Silva put me down on a cargo ship that's about to sail away and covered my head with his blue robe. "The money you will need to travel back home is in the inner pockets. I'll be back here in a minute."

"Wait, stop." I held his wrist to prevent him from leaving. "This is all a misunderstanding."

"What do you mean?"

"There's... no one out there watching or following us. It was a test." I swallowed a lump in my drying throat at his thick brows closing their gap and aura's sudden spike.

He pulled me back into his strong arms and took a jump off the ship, just a second ahead of the blast.

The strong wind pressure threw us both on the chilly water, further to the depths of the sea and I was so worried because Silva has taken all the hit for guarding my body from slamming against the water.

To my surprise he managed to keep us both breathing underwater, pumping and sucking air by pressing his plump lips onto mine while he swam away from the explosion and until we reached the shore. He carried me towards the woods and checked the surroundings thoroughly.

"Looks like we lost them." He faced me and asked if I had any injuries no matter the severity.

"I'm fine." I replied and looked away or else I might end up throwing myself on him due to the growing sexuał tension between us.

"You need to come back home as soon as possible." I was about to complain and he shut me down with a gentle hug. "It's safer over there."

"I understand. I'll let Sylvia know—"

"No, you should go alone."

A/N:

I apologize for the late post. I'm a lot more busier than usual but I somehow managed to write in between streaming and eating Butter 🧈 on a toast. I hope you'll enjoy and thank you for the patience.

I'll just take an early nap and reply as soon as I wake up. ^^;