52

April 11th
Sunday
11:39 am

Reader Pov

"Are you serious right now?" I gritted my teeth in anger, "after all I've been through, there's no way I'm leaving my daughter alone."

"You already did. Didn't you?" I choked on my reply after seeing his aura darkened and that he knew I left. "Sylvia is safer inside since no one knows her identity yet. Especially now that you're being targeted."

"Huh? Safe?" I couldn't help but raise my voice because this conversation is getting into my nerves. "She had been safe all this time if your emotionless son hasn't kidnapped Sylvia at her own birthday and nearly kiłled your only daughter by his mother's order!"

"Calm down (Y/N) or you'll attract the mercenaries." He said in a controlled deep voice. The docks are on the other side and a large crowd have gathered to take a closer look at what's left of the cargo ship.

"I don't fuçking care even if attract the moon at this point! I didn't expect you to order me around when Sylvia's the only reason I came crashing in your property at the first place!"

"Please understand (Y/N). I'm not trying to separate you two, but in order for her to hone her skills, the girl needs to get trained from an early age."

"Yeah, I've heard that excuse before." I scoffed.

"If you think that your ability is shielding her from threats you are gravely mistaken. Truth be told it's more of a disadvantage for her because you're gatekeeping her potential to learn."

I got shot. Multiple times with his words alone. However, my pride won't back down especially when Kikyo is definitely manipulating my daughter's innocent mind.

"As a mother, you should support and encourage her to face danger and survive on her own or else, she'll depend on you every single time and trust me, once people find out she's a Zoldyck, every single person who wants to earn money will come for her and make her childhood life a living hell."

"Like your children ain't living like that under your wing. Being tortured and all, brought to a fighting ring for what? So you could enjoy watching Killua get beaten up?" I retorted and due to frustration, I blurted something private. "Too bad you lost your one and only heir without even knowing it."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw your protégé at the 287th Hunter Exam and he seems to be happy to have left home because of your type of "parenting"." I emphasized the last word with a hint of sarcasm.

"Why would you think that Killua was my only heir?" Silva's tone instantly changed into a cold and sinister. I can clearly see his chiseled jaws clenching and gave me chills down my spine. Then I just realized I dropped a bømb without warning.

"You being tricked for decades and still clueless of the obvious deceit is beyond me." I shook my head and massaged my temples from the stress this conversation is causing me. "How can you trust your wife to bear your children—"

"Are you talking about how she got pregnant without body contact?" He let out a deep sigh. "We both agreed with that arrangement since we're not considered a couple then and she only married me to escape her abusive nen-user-parents. That was the deal my father wanted in the first place."

Silva cut through my rants and shocked me to the core. Tsubone didn't mention he knows and now I feel like a fool for believing it.

"I see. So were you aware of being cheated on too? If that's the case then I'm leaving with my daughter because y'all are a bunch of weirdos."

"We're going circles here. Speak your mind."

"I meant did you also order your butler to create your "children" for you?"

He fell silent, almond eyes widening to an extent. Then asked me the most basic question. "Do you have proof?"

My lips fell in awe. Silva stared at me, patiently waiting and I wasn't able to deliver. Damn it.

"I never pegged you as a propagator of lies (Y/N). How can you destroy my family just to get what you want? Have you even thought of the kids and how would they feel about this?" He sounded so disappointed and I cursed myself for not keeping the secret for at least the time being, until I've gathered enough evidence.

My heart sank at his accusation that I'm the type of person who will make up a story this bad for any reason at all. So I had to convince him somehow.

"I'm just telling the truth. In fact, I even saw them with my own eyes as soon as I came back."

"Enough!" Silva growled and slammed his fist against the thick tree nearby, catching everyone's attention from a distance.

Great. Now we're fuckęd.

 Now we're fuckęd