1

Reader Pov

"(Y/N)... are you listening?"

"... yeah." I forced a smile as I looked at Silva's troubled yet the most handsome face I've ever seen. Even after a year of dating him, I'm still not convinced that a man of his caliber will ever look at me with so much love in his beautiful and deep blue cat-like eyes.

"If so, then tell me what did I just say?" He smirked and I swear my butterflies just went berserk inside my body, ramming themselves all over the inner wall of my stomach. Too bad, this might be the last I'd be able to witness that.

"...you're... getting married..." Those words felt like blades grazing my flesh when I pushed them out of my throat.

"That's correct."

Ouch. How could that single phrase made the pain I'm experiencing all the more unbearable than it is right now?

I eventually lost it. I sobbed so hard I couldn't even hear what he was saying. That one person who made me feel important after my own parents sold me to a mafia gang in exchange for a tiny pack of illegal drugs, is now engaged to a fellow assassin and is expected by everybody to bear his offsprings.

Good lord... why did you even let me have a taste of heaven if you will only throw me into the pits of hell as soon as I've taken a sip?

"(Y/N)! Look at me!" Silva's deep frown. This is the first time I've seen it because he never wanted me to fear him despite his line of work. "Calm down please." Silva spoke so softly, it crushed the remaining chunk of my heart in deep sorrow. He's probably troubled on how he's gonna make me hold my tongue about our secret relationship.

"I'm sorry..." I suppressed a hiccup and turned my back to wiped my messy face using the kitchen towel. The steak dinner I was cooking for tonight got totally ruined and their burnt smell filled the air. "I won't speak a word about it... if... that's what you're... worried about."

"(Y/N)..." Silva held my quivering shoulders and forced me to face him. "I never mentioned I agreed on that forced marriage."

Huh?

He smiled and wiped the tears off of my numbing cheeks. "I'm asking you to come and live with me. Far away from everybody."