Chapter One

Seventeen year old Aleah Simmons sat in the back of her father's SUV with her hands clasped together and looking straight ahead. She learned years ago looking at him only made his fits worse.

"Do you know how bad this is going to reflect on me Aleah?!" he barked angrily. "What will the church say?!"

She felt his harsh glance on her in the review and knew he expected an answer. "I'm sorry daddy." she honestly replied.

"Do you even care?!" he demanded.

"Yes daddy." she answered again. She did care. She was trying her best.

He laughed in annoyance. "No you don't. You don't care about anyone but yourself. You're a selfish little girl"

She closed her eyes against the tears and began to rock and hum. She could feel the panic swirling in her gut. 'Please help me to be good God.' she begged silently.

"You stop that!" he yelled. She knew he meant the rocking, though the praying made him angry too.

She did as he asked, but began to tremble.

"Todd..." Aleah's mother tried as she gently touched his arm. He shook her off. "This is your fault too. You allow all of this silliness. If you'd just be the parent this wouldn't be happening." her father barked at her mother.

"Stop shaking Aleah!" he demanded. "You control yourself!"

As much as Aleah tried she couldn't control it. Her breathing hitched and tears ran down her face. Her father signaled his blinker and snatched the large vehicle off the road.

"I am so sick of your tears! I am going to give you something to cry about!" he yelled before yanking off his seat belt and coming around to her side. He ripped open her door and snatched her out by the arm.

"Daddy please." she begged as he marched her through the rest area and into a handicapped bathroom. His grip on her arm tightened and she knew he was angrier with her begging.

She swallowed. "Please God...." she begged aloud. He whirled her around to face him before he slapped her in the mouth. "You have no right to ask God to stop me. God gives me a right to discipline you, now unbutton your jeans." he said as he slid his belt from his own pants.

She didn't argue and did as he asked. She lowered her pants to her knees and waited for further instruction. "Panties too."

She did as asked again.

"Turn around and grab that rail." he said as he motioned to a bar behind her. She did and it only took a second for the belt to fall.

"THRACK" it sounded as it fell against her already bruised skin.

"You may run all over your momma but you will not run all over me!" he yelled as he swung for a second time. "THRACK!"

She tried not to cry out.

"THRACK!"

She closed her eyes and bit her lip.

"Not crying out? I must not be hitting hard enough!" he said as he swung harder. That time he tore skin and Aleah collapsed. Her father couldn't hide his sharp intake of breath and Aleah knew, he knew he'd gone to far.

"I-If you'd only been obedient to me I wouldn't have to do this." he said as he slid his belt back into his pants. "Get up and wash your face. We're going to be late because of your attitude." he mumbled as he left the bathroom.

Aleah did as she was told and a few minutes later she walked back to the car, climbed in and buckled up. Her father said nothing for a few moments, but then he spoke. "It sure is a pretty day isn't it?"

"Yes daddy." Aleah agreed without looking at him.

_____________________________________________________________

Please comment if you liked this chapter please :)