Chapter Seven

Stephyn:

"I don't want her daddy to ever get her back." Stephen said as he played Mario on his phone.

"Me either." Spencer agreed.

Stephyn looked up as the door opened and smiled at his Aunt Sammy. She waved and came over to sit beside the boys.

"How are you two doing?" She asked.

"I'm good. What are you doing back down here so soon?" Spencer teased his mom.

"Yeah. Don't you trust us?" Stephyn teased her as he stood and hugged her. She smiled sadly and started to say something, but the door opened again and Dr. Bryten walked in. It wasn't his time to be here, and by the look on his face the boys knew something was wrong.

"What's going on?" Spencer asked.

Before he could answer a police officer walked in. He was met by both Stephyn and Spencer's hard glare.

"Don't worry. I am on your sides." he chuckled.

"It seems Mr. Simmons has filed charges against the center. He feels we are unfairly exposing Aleah to a physical exam that may cause her distress. I have shown the officer his consent form and we are clear legally." Dr. Bryten explained.

"but?" Spencer asked. .

"We feel Aleah HAS suffered some physical abuse, so we are allowing Officer Dalton to stand in as we do an exam If we are correct, he will help us fight to get temporary custody of her and testify on our behalf."

Stephyn shook his head. She can't handle that." Aleah was too fragile right now.

"It will be very uncomfortable for her, but she can handle it. She is stronger than she thinks, and stronger than you credit her for." he said.

"Uncle B, I'm with Stephyn. She's been through a lot today." Spencer spoke.

Office Dalton smiled, and Sammy gave a small laugh. Dr. Bryten worked very hard to keep from smiling at the boys. He remembered feeling the way they did when he first met Sammy, and then when he met Tinsley.

"I didn't realize you two had completed medical school since this morning." He commented.

The boys smiled sheepishly.

"I will handle this. Get out." He said as he opened the door and finally gave into his amusement.

"Dadddddddd." Stephyn groaned. "Let us stay to comfort her."

"Yeah, Uncle B. She needs us."

Bryten smiled inwardly again. Aleah did need the boys, but they needed her too. They just couldn't see it yet.

"Out." He said again as he nodded his head toward the hall.

"Daddddddd..."

"We are asking her some very uncomfortable questions." Sammy explained, trying to help Bryten with the stubborn boys.

"Out." Bryten said again.

Uncle BBBBBBB....." Spencer groaned.

Tinsley and Eva walked into the room. Tinsley walked over and grabbed Stephyn by his left ear and Spencer by his right. She drug the boys toward the door.