Chapter Nine

It has been a while since I've updated. I didn't forget, but I have been working on some other books :)

____________________________

Aleah walked into Spencer's room and gasped. "What... How... Did?" she sputtered in shock. 

"That is a proper response." Stephen mumbled. 

"Where is your bed?" she asked. 

"Under hereeee!" he yelled as he rushed forward and jumped onto a huge mound of clothes. 

"Yes. His bed is under the fourty-foot piled of clothes. There is also a dresser, night stand, and computer desk in here somewhere." Stephen pointed out. 

"It's not that bad guys!" Spencer protested. 

Aleah held her head and then sighed. "Let's get started." 

They worked together and two hours later.... they could see the bed and parts of the floor. 

"I found another sock." Stephen said as he held it away from him and dropped it into a pile in the hall. 

"303." Aleah counted as she held her head again. 

"Are you okay Aleah?" Stephen asked. "You keep holding your head."

She nodded. "I have a little headache." she said with a shrug. 

"I'll get you something for it." Spencer said as he rushed off before she could protest. 

"Do you want to go rest?" Stephen asked as he placed his hand on her back for comfort. 

"No. I am okay." she said as she pulled on her shirt. "actually, I would like to go change my clothes. I am uncomfortable." she admitted. 

"That is a very good job." he praised. 

"What is?" she asked, a little agitated. . 

"That you admitted you wanted to change. You recognized you were uncomfortable and put your well being first." he explained. 

She smiled. "I got really uncomfortable all of a sudden. I don't know why. It wasn't just my clothes." she said. 

Stephen nodded. "I know. You've been really quiet and you got uncomfortable once Stephen turned his radio on." 

Aleah thought back. "Yeah. I did. I liked the music, but it.... It made me feel small." she tried. 

"It was a loud noise and it made you uncomfortable. Sometimes that can happen. It doesn't mean anything is wrong or that your medication isn't working. It usually just means it was too much stimulation and it made you tense." 

She nodded. "Why didn't you say anything before now?"

He laughed. "I needed you to register it first."

She giggled. "You were waiting for a while."

He laughed too. "Learning to understand yourself will come quicker than you think." 

Spencer came back with her medication and a starbucks ice-coffee. "I felt like you deserved a coffee."

"eep!" Aleah squealed. She remembered her prayer from earlier in the day and her heart leapt with joy when she knew Jesus had sent proof of his love. 

"I will say she likes coffee." Spencer teased. 

"Is that decaf?" Stephen asked. 

"Yes. I know her limits too."

Stephen laughed as he watched her sip it and then dance in happiness. Stephen took the medication from Spencer and lead Aleah out into the hall and back to her room. He waited outside while she changed into some comfy clothes. 

When she stepped back out he smiled. She had changed into a hot pink Hello Kitty shirt and black shorts.

"Maybe these jammies won't get Ebola from his room." she said, making him laugh. 

"Yeah.... we're not going back to help him. We are going to dad's study." he said as he drug- gently drug- her that way. 

"Why?"

"Because I want to." he said as he pulled her through the apartment and into the office. "Hey mom!" he yelled as they passed her bedroom. 

"Hey guys! Stephen stopped pulling the door dear like that!" she yelled back, making Tinsley giggle. 

Stephen pulled her into the office- flipped on the light switch, flipped on the tv and plopped down in a huge... cradle chair thing. (Picture at top)

"Come sit and watch Nemo with me." he said as he patted beside him. He tried not to smile as Aleah's face turned pink. 

She slowly made her way over to the chair and sat down. He laughed at her tense stance. "I want you to relax and rest. You don't look relaxed."

She smiled sheepishly. 

"Lay back." he encouraged. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" he asked quickly. 

"NO!"she quickly assured. "I just don't want to squish you." 

He frowned and pulled her into a hug. "Aleah, I can't wait for God to undo all the lies in your head, but until he does let me tell you something....." he said into the top of her head. "You are beautiful. You are perfect. You are so loved. Don't you ever think anything differently." he cooed as he set his foot on the floor and began to rock them. "You are perfect." 

____________________________________________

Comment "perfect" if you liked this chapter please!