Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Please don't send them in here; I will be fine." Aleah begged Dr. Jacob as he sat on the side of her bed, feeling her head.

"Open your mouth honey." was the only reply he gave before he slid the thermometer into her mouth.

She did as he asked, but much to her further embarrassment, hot tears ran down her cheeks.

Dr. Jacob's face softened more- something she didn't think possible- and he gently wiped her tears away with his green and yellow hankey- which was hideous.

He waited until the beep before asking her why she was upset.

She really didn't know how to answer him. She didn't want to seem rude and say "You're son and nephew are super cute... and I just feel like an idiot around them."  She really wanted her to give me an old, balding nurse, then she would feel comfortable.

"Aleah, love,  why are you upset?" Dr. Jacob asked again.

"I just really... I just..."  She stopped talking and quickly tried to sit up. Dr. Jacob either knew what was happening or heard the train sound coming from her belly. He lifted the trashcan to her mouth and she wretched into it.

She felt large hands pat her back- since Dr. Jacob's were holding the trashcan She knew they weren't his- and that did it for Aleah. She was done emotionally. She was in a new place. She was bad. She was sick. Her daddy was livid and now she was vomiting- very unladylike- in front of two of the hottest guys in the world- okay maybe that last part was a stretch but they were at least the cutest guys in Tennessee and one of them was patting her back with all of it's fat rolls. Aleah began to sob.

Aleah wanted to be anywhere but that room and anyone but Aleah Simmons.

"Easy 'Leah." Spencer soothed from beside the bed. Grreeeaaatttt that meant Stephyn was rubbing her back.

When she was finished being sick  Stephyn gently wiped her mouth and then her tears with more ugly hankies.

"It's going to be okay 'Leah." he promised as kept wiping the tears that kept falling. She turned away from him and curled up on her side. She bit her lip and tried to control her crying. She was so embarrassed and as much as she wanted to stop crying, she couldn't. It was like the dam broke and there was no patching it back up.

"Come 'mere honey." Spencer said as he slid into the bed beside her and wrapped and turned her towards him.

"If she feels this bad I want to take her to emergency and have them run a PET scan. It could be her appendix or a blockage." he said to Spencer before kneeling down to look at Aleah. "Honey, I am going too.." he began.

"I-I don't feel that bad...I'm embarrassed." Aleah mumbled as she tried to wipe her tears away.

Dr. Jacob patted her leg. "Aleah, you don't have anything to be embarrassed about. I promise. We see this stuff all of the time with our other patients."

"and we like you more than them." Stephyn added.

"Stephyn Jackson!" Dr. Jacob scolded.

"Well it's true." he said as he winked at Aleah.

Aleah smiled and Spencer hugged her. "There's my sweet girl." he encouraged.

Aleah flinched in his arms and grabbed for the trashcan. Spencer held it to her mouth, and a few minutes later Stephyn wiped her face.

Dr. Jacob walked over and opened an alcohol wipe. "I am going to go ahead and give you a shot now Aleah. I don't want you to have to wait until your IV fluids are running."