Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Hello Beautiful." Bryten, one of the lead doctors at the Tennessee Recovery Ward, spoke as his wife, Tinsley walked into his office.

She smiled as he opened his arms. She sat on his lap and hugged him tightly.

"How's your day going?" he asked after a moment.

"Good. I got that new room ready for you.. well Sammy helped." she said referring to his sister in law.

"Is she doing okay this morning?" he asked. Sammy had recently recovered from foot surgery and had been confined to her home for several weeks.

She nodded before laughing. "She said if anyone else asks her that she is going to scream."

Bryten chuckled. "Jacob said she's been very stubborn and won't rest." he said in reference to her husband. "Though he may be a little protective."

"You Jackson men are way too protective." she pointed out with a giggle.

He raised his eyebrows at her. "I've never heard you complain." he teased. He knew both Tinsley and Sammy loved the way he and his brother, Jake expressed their love for their wives.

She blushed and looked away. He took a moment to kiss the side of her neck before cupping her head and pulling her onto his shoulder. She snuggled into him and he took a minute to thank the Lord. He had been so blessed.

"Where is Stephyn?" he asked thinking of his other blessing- his 19 year old son.

"Playing on the X-box with Spencer and a couple other teens."

Spencer was Bryten's nephew and both he and Stephyn had been blessed with huge hearts. Each boy started off volunteering at the center, but had been so great with the patients that Bryten and had hired them as part time employees. Spencer had recently moved to full time since graduating from college, but Stephyn still worked part time until he finished his program.

"Hey dad?" Stephyn called as he entered Bryten's office.

"Gross." he teased when he saw him mom and dad cuddled up in the office chair. "I am going to need therapy after seeing that."

His dad tossed a tissue box at him before asking what he needed.

"Can I meet the new patient today when she comes in?"

Bryten pulled out some files from a drawer and placed them on his desk. He flipped through them until he found Aleah Simmon's file.

"Have you read this yet?" he asked his son. It was against several laws for him to discuss patients with his son and nephew, but because they were so gifted and God always managed to reach a patient through them, he always allowed them access to the files.

"Yes sir. I took her file to pray over and Spencer took "Layla Mckenzie's."

"Awesome. You can definitely meet her today. She should have been here already, but her father called and said they were running late."

"She's so young." Stephyn commented, making Bryten and Tinsley laugh.

"She's only two years younger than you." his mom pointed out.

Stephyn laughed too. "but it's a big difference in maturity."

Bryten agreed, but had a feeling Aleah was more mature for her age than most though.

"She was just diagnosed with OCD right?" Tinsley asked reaching for the chart.

"Yeah. Dr. Whelmer said it was one of the worst cases he'd seen." Bryten stated sympathetically. "and just to double check, I am going to test her for Generalized Anxiety Disorder too. It can often be overlooked in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder cases."

"Her mom seemed genuinely upset." Jacob said as he walked in from his connected office, but her father seemed annoyed. It was unsettling honestly."

Bryten nodded. "I sensed that too. I am worried she's suffering abuse or neglect at the least." Byten admitted honestly. "Dr. Whelmer  felt the same, and even suggested that she may be isolated with her father's anger since she graduated early- which would cause her symptoms to be more aggravated."

Stephyn agreed. "I got that last night when I was praying. It's one of the reasons I wanted to meet her today."

"What did God say to you?" his mother asked, knowing God has spoken from the depth of his own heart to her son's responsive heart.

"He said she won't accept his love until she receives ours." he said with a humble shrug of his shoulders. "I told God we have plenty of love to give her and we were more than willing to lavish it upon her."

Everyone nodded. It was no secret that The Tennessee Recovery Ward believed big doses of love and Jesus were wonderful medications to heal an mental of physical illness.
______________________________________________

Comment "Jesus" if you liked this chapter please :)