The Artefact?

Thunderlanes P.O.V-

"I'm actually curious to whether you guys thought this was actually going to be this easy, that I was going to let you go this easily.
I mean, I don't look that dumb, do I?
To leave your friends unguarded and a possible exit not far out of reach."

Rainbow: "no, your not stupid. I was starting to think that this was too easy"
"I took away Soarin so that I could have the opportunity to get closer to you again, to take back what was mine and then a whole parade of ponies come running after him. Ugh, should've guessed myself that this wasn't going to be easy. Honestly all your friends are just being a burden right now, it would hurt if I just ridded myself of them."
Soarin: "They haven't necessarily done anything wrong, why can't you just let them go and just take me!"
"I don't know, I'm kind of in a bad mood Rn. I'm having a bad day, I don't really have room to care and be generous"
Rainbow: "Then take me I guess and let them go, please. I'm the one you wanted and I'm here to give myself up"

I didn't expect to hear that, Rainbow sounds as if she's given up.
"Not a bad deal" I revealed.
Soarin: "wait, Rainbow. Please, please don't. Your important to me and I wouldn't live happily knowing that your not living a life you want, I know you feel guilty and like this is all your fault but it's not and please don't make a decision you'll end up regretting"

Rainbows P.O.V-

Soarin saying those words didn't make it easier for me to give myself in but what else could I do? I don't want anyone else getting hurt or affected by my stupid actions in the past, especially the people I care about.
"No, no it's fine. I need to talk to him about stuff anyways"
Soarin: "About what?! Please don't give yourself in. You don't necessarily know what could be his true intentions and what's going on in his mind. Don't you remember him trying to kiss you by force?!? What if I hadn't been there?!"
I stopped to think about what Soarin had just said, and he was right. I don't actually know Thunderlane, yeah I dated him but that was ages go. This whole thing is stupid! I never knew that Thunderlane would go to this extent.

I felt a warm tap from behind me, I tuned around and it was twilight tapping my shoulder.
She whispered something into my ear.
I looked over at Thunderlane and my jaw dropped, now that Twilight told me it makes so much more sense now. Now I know what I need to do.

Soarin's P.O.V-

Rainbowdash finally spoke up after what I said
Rainbow: "Like I said, it's fine"
Hard. Cold. Words.
"But Rain-" I stopped myself, I was being to clingy and possessive. I'm sure Rainbow knew what she's doing. But that doesn't stop me from worrying.
Rainbow turned her head to look at me.
"Never mind" I said softly under my breath

Both Rainbow and Thunderlane disappear into a tunnel and it is dead silence.
I was worried for her but there's nothing I can really do.
After a few minutes of standing there in silence, only a few whispers being shared around Spitfire began to escort us out of the cave.
We all walk out slowly and silently with our head looking towards the ground when we felt it.
Giant vibrations that shot the ground with a huge crash noise. We all turned around in surprised. Flashing light began to shoot from the same tunnel that Rainbow and Soarin went into.
I looked at everyone one by one. Twilight had a grin on her face, I stared at her wondering if she knew what was going on.
"Twilight, do you... do you know what this is?"
Twilight: "Yes, we should probably go help her. Not Fluttershy, she's too weak right now. The effects of the cursed artefact took too much affect on her too easily. She won't be able to fight right now, which means we can't use the elements but that's fine"
"Cured Artefact? What?!" I replied in complete confusion
Twilight: "Thunderlane has been possessed or absorbed by an ancient equestrian artefact used by some of the enemies in the past. The origins of this jewel are unknown, so was the location but it seems as if Thunderlane had crossed paths with it and found it."
"What does this jewel do, and how did you know he was possessed by it"
Twilight: "this Ancient jewel was used as a weapon in the past. After a certain battle it was lost. The Jewel is like a parasite and consumes its owner, feeding it guarantee and confidence to make the host think they have gained more power than they've actually. But it does make them stronger . It alters their personality, strength and ability and feeds of the hosts humanity. After a long time of feeding, let's say a few years such as 5-10 then the host becomes like a living robot basically, I've read it in on of my books about ancient magic and recognised the jewel necklace on Thunderlane and put the pieces together"
"And what did the Jewel do to Fluttershy?"
Twilight: "The jewels magic and affect can cause damage to certain victims and Fluttershy must be part of that certain group. Although she's not weak she can be vulnerable In these situations I assume"

That was a lot to take in but I trust Twilight knows what she's talking about, both of us rushed to hell Rainbowdash in the possible battle that follows us. Twilight, applejack, pinkie, Flash and Rarity.

Discord: "I'll stay behind with fluttershy to make sure she's okay"

I turned around and nodded to Discord and continued to run towards the cave again.

Word Count: 993