New fight

Author's Notes-

I love the fanart of Rainbow and the others using ODM gear, they look so cool😫
Also I'm so sorry I barely update with this story anymore. I've just kinda drifted away from the whole Soarindash ship but I will continue to finish the story for any remaining viewers. I'm literally so great for for every individual viewer who reads even just one chapter. Also g5 of mlp is coming 3 days before my birthday! I'm excited to watch it but I will miss g4, when I saw the casted VA it was honestly a surprised and so was the art style of the ponies but I am still excited to watch it and I hope it isn't a flop haha.

Chapter 23:

Thunderlanes P.O.V-

I honestly didn't expect Rainbowdash to turn herself in like this but I don't really care, it works for me to. I have a suspicion that Soarin or whatever his name is, will plan a type of rescue for Rainbow. It would've just been easier to eliminate Soarin and the others but then Rainbowdash would hate me forever, so I guess this is plan B.

We walked down through the tunnel as the noise of our hoof steps echoed around me. I looked over to Rainbowdash to see her staring directly towards the floor, not even looking forwards to where she's walking.
I figured I should start a conversation to break the awkward silence.
" Don't look so sad, it hurts me to see you like that. I promise it won't be bad, I just want you back into my life so I can give you the affection I forgot to give you before and so you can return that affection. I'm not gonna lock you up in a cell or something like a crazy pony."
Rainbowdash: "you know if you had come back to me and explained the misunderstanding about that day, I would've listened. Although I cannot return the feelings you have for me I would still be your friend, you didn't need to kidnap ponies just so you would talk to me"
"Trust me, there was no other option. Just lighten up, give me a hug"
Rainbow: "yeah your right, I'm sorry. I promise I'll stay with you"

Everything is beginning to workout, perfect. Rainbowsdash began to walk towards me and before I knew it I was in her embrace of a hug. It's been ages since we've done something like this. But you know what they say, some things are too good to be true.
I looked down at rainbowdash who was hugging me tightly, I smiled at her and she returned the smile. But it wasn't a smile of happiness, affection or relief. It felt like she was challenging me, like something was about to happen. Her smile made me a tiny bit uneasy.

"You didn't think it would be that easy" Rainbowdash said quoting what I previously said to her before.
Rainbowdash grabbed my necklace and released the protection unleashed on it.
How did she know about it, no, she didn't figure it out. It was twilight that did, crap. I was in trouble
As Rainbowdash pulled the necklace of a huge wave of energy crashed all around us, this was the beginning of something.
One of the protections placed on the necklace is that anyone who tried to take it off would be punished. The necklace curse Rainbow and made her unconscious, I watched her fall to the ground. This was unintentional but I couldn't stop it now. It was out of my hand. What I do from now on won't be my own free will, I didn't have a choice. Or did I ever?

Soarin's P.O.V

Twilight, Flash, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack and I went to go help Rainbow. Twilight mentioned that they couldn't use the elements because Fluttershy was in no condition to fight, Discord stayed with her to make sure she's okay. Honestly, I think it's sweet, Discord and Fluttershy.
Considering the fact that Rainbow and the rest can't use the elements I don't know how we are supposed to defeat Thunderlane.
I walked towards where Thunderlane and Raimbow disappeared off to, my stomach dropped.
I couldn't move, I was scared. Not about me, but Rainbow.
Rainbowdash layernon the ground unconscious with burn marks covering her body, standing infront of her was a monster.
Not even a pony anymore. I assume that was Thunderlane and he underwent some kind of transformation. Rainbow looked hurt, instinctively I ran to her to check her pulse. Without even realising tears where flowing down my face.

Twilight: "Soarin, get out of here, take her to safety please."
I was hesitant. Sure I wanted for Rainbowdash to be safe, more than anything actually, but I would feel useless just leaving her friends like this, my friends.
Applejack: "FOR PEEKS SAKE, PLEASE JUST GET HER TO SAFETY. You don't have to worry about us, this isn't the first time we've dealt with a villain. Please, just go back to where Fluttershy are Discord are"
"But- you guys can't use the element. So how can you-"
Rarity: "We are aware of the situation but right now making sure Rainbow wakes up and is alright is all of our biggest concerns, Im sure we can buy time and think of a plan"
Flash: "Don't be so worried, I promise I won't let anyone get hurt, okay?"
I looked over at Pinkie and Twilight who stayed silent for a bit as they nodded, continuing to pick up Rainbow and fly off in the opposite direction towards Fluttershy and Discord.

I soon found myself back to where Fluttershy and Discord are. Fluttershy was resting on discord's lap sleeping.
I laid rainbowdash on the floor sitting besides her waiting for any signs of consciousness. This was the scariest part, not knowing if she'd ever make a sign.
I looked over at Discord as it was dead silent, we were to far away from the action to even hear a peep.
Discord was looking down towards the ground, only took me a while to realise he was looking at Fluttershy the whole time. I could see him smiling, so he actually has turned good. I knew Fluttershy meant a lot to him whether it be Platonic or Romantic so I prayed she would feel better soon.
Discord broke the silence as he looked up.
Discord: "You should go back to the others and help fight, I'm sure your skills would come in handy for this fight"
"I can't just leave Rainbow here though, it would be selfish of me and I want to be as near to her as possible"
Discord: "I understand your situation but I promise I'll look after Rainbow whilst your gone, or be quite honest I'm not sure if the others can do it alone. I'm sure your help would be much appreciated"
"Are you sure?"
Discord: "Yes, i am"
"Thankyou so much, I owe you one"

I began to fly back to where the others where taking one last look at Rainbow, I hope she's okay. And I hope that when it return she'll
be perfectly fine and waiting for me

Twilight's P.O.V-

Something about Thunderlanes new form seems odd. It acts as if he fighting something inside him, so his attention on us is faded. Yet his attacks are harmful.
He continues to mumble something to himself, I can't hear him much but I try to read his lips.

"Help me"