Valiant

Arthur POV

"Ready?"

"Would it make any difference if I said no?" Merlin sassed

"Not really," I told him as I turned to swing my sword around. He draws his sword and I attack calling commands, "Body. Shield. Body. Shield."

"Shield,"

"Head"

"Head? Ow," Merlin questioned and quickly regretted it

"Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying," I said as I got him in the back.

"Ow! I am"

"Once more,"

"Oh, no"

"To the left. To the right. And left. Head,"

"Ow!" Merlin missed again.

"Come on, Merlin! I've got a tournament to win," and a knight to keep away from my sister and best friend.

"Can we stop now, please? Ow! Shield. Body."

"Shield"

"Shield. Ah," I hit him on the head, "Ow," he moans as he fell backwards and his helmet came off. "You're braver than you look. Most servants collapse after the first blow," I complemented him.

"Is it over?"

"That was just the warm up. How's your mace work coming along," I teased as I swung the mace.

*Next day*

Merlin had been struggling to put on my armor, I mean I know he went to Gwen for help but he still can't get it. "You do know the tournament starts today?" I questioned annoyed.

"Yes sire," he fixed a buckle, "Your nervous?"

"I don't get nervous," of course I'm nervous, I have to find that snake shield. Ky still has been feeling a little ill. We have a feeling it was from seeing the magical snakes. With her specialty in elements, seeing animals do someone else's bidding instead of being free and on top of that, not actually being animals makes her sick. "Really? I thought everyone got nervous,"

"Will you shut up!" I yelled and he grabbed my cape and tied it and handed me my helmet, "Great, yeah. I think you're all set." Merlin looked quite proud of himself.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" he gave me a questioning look, "My sword," Merlin jumped to get my sword, "Oh, yeah. Yeah, sorry. Guess, uh, you'll be needing that," I snatched the sword and walked off hearing him mutter, "That went well,"

Kylynn POV

I walked up to the stands with Morgana and our maidservants. Uther gave his speech to the knights, "Knights of the realm, it's a great honor to welcome you to a tournament at Camelot. Over the next three days, you will come to put your bravery to the test, your skills as warriors, and of course, to challenge the reigning champion, my son, Prince Arthur. Only one can have the honor of being crowned champion, and he will receive a prize of 1,000 gold pieces," the box opened, revealing the gold, "It is in combat that we learn a knight's true nature, whether he is indeed a warrior or a coward. The tournament begins!" the crowd cheered and Uther briefly spoke with Arthur before his fight. We all cheered for Arthur as he won his fight. Then a knight who gave me an odd feeling had come out, his shield turned around and the girls heard me suck in a breath at the sight of the three snakes on the shield, "Is that it?" Mauve asked quietly so Gwen didn't hear. Morgana had been looking at me too, and I had seen Arthur ask the silent question. I nodded to all three and they kept an extra eye on Valiant.