The Witch's Quickening

Merlin POV

"Merlin!" Gwen called, coming into the physicians chamber, startling Gaius.

"Hmm?"

"Arthur needs you," she gave me that look that said it was a magical matter. I grabbed my things and walked out without saying anything to Gaius. I followed her to Arthur's chambers where the three witches were waiting with him. "Lancelot had messaged me while Ewan messaged Kylynn saying some sorcerer had snuck by and took Mordred," Gwen said making Morgana and I startle.

"So Mordred probably knows to play along as he found he is coming here, he has a closer bond with you two," Kylynn motioned to Morgana and I, "Inform him that we are aware and he needs to play along, they are coming for the Crystal of Neahtid. It's a powerful crystal most known for telling you outcomes of the future, it's currently in the vaults, thankfully the guy doesn't know what it looks like," Arthur continued.

"So are we turning him into Uther?" I asked.

"No we are going to make a fake crystal to give to him, Mordred will disappear back to Eileminti, and Kylynn will take care of the rogue camp, since Mordred is now a druid citizen in her kingdom," Arthur said.

That night, I was woken up hearing 'Morgana, Merlin,' I sprung up knowing it was Mordred. He made a connection with the three of us. 'Mordred we know why you're here, Kylynn told us you disappeared and we have a plan,' I heard Morgana say. I was already getting out to find Arthur knowing Mordred wouldn't have contacted us if he was still far away.

"Arthur!" I whisper yelled when I found him and Leon (who was filled in), "They're coming," I added and the two nodded and we slowly made our way to Morgana's chambers to see Kylynn standing at her door, she nodded as to say they were in there, she probably could sense the new magic in there. 'We're hiding,' I heard and motioned Arthur in. He kicked down the door, needing it to be believable and Morgana bolted up, "What on Earth do you think you're doing?!"

"I..." Arthur looked around, "I'd reason to believe that there was an intruder in here," he said. I heard giggling in my head and I could tell Morgana did too from the small smile she was trying to hide, "Right now, Arthur, the only intruder is you," she said angrily.

"Camelot has been infiltrated. Did you not hear the warning bell?"

"Of course I did! I was hoping I'd be safe in my chambers."

"Well, if you'd just permit me to search your room..."

"You'll do no such thing! Arthur, do you think that if there was someone in my room I wouldn't know about it?"

"Please accept my apologies," and Arthur stepped out and saw my smile, "He finds it amusing, he was giggling," I said and he let out a small smile, "Go make that crystal and get to bed," he quietly ordered.

The next morning, I walked out tired, making the crystal was a bit hard and draining.

"Late night?" Gaius asked.

"You could say that," was all I said.

"Well there was an intruder last night," he said.

"Yes, I heard," and left it at that, going back in to grab the crystal and headed down to Arthur's chambers, thankfully he had already given me less chores today. I found Morgana in the way and handed her the crystal, and went on with the rest of my chores.

That night I had returned back to Arthur's chambers where Kylynn and Morgana were already there and ready, I had a headache from Kilgarrah and they noticed. "What's wrong Merlin?" Morgana asked.

"Kilgarrah keeps wanting me to free him because I may or may to have promised him," I said and Mauve walked past and smacked me in the head, "Ow!"

"He probably wants revenge on the Dragon Lords, you wouldn't really be able to stop him because if I am assuming correctly he may be your father's dragon, so you get some say," Kylynn said.

"Huh?"

"Your father, Balinor, he was a Dragon Lord, he was kind of the leader of them, and was friends with Uther until he snapped and attacked them. You are not one yet because he either has to willingly give you that ability or he has to die," she explained.

"So my father's alive?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes and he most likely left for yours and Hunith's safety. I remember my father when I was younger talking about somebody with that name and he was trying to hunt him down," Arthur spoke up.

Morgana left for the rogue camp, Kylynn and I followed behind, I wore my darkest clothes while Kylynn dressed in black, for a witch specializing in elements, she sure liked black, she had the hood of her black cloak up to hide her bright red hair as we snuck after Morgana. Morgana was a good actor, making the sorcerer believe she was still a bit shy about revealing her magic. Mordred had slipped away and found us, "Oh and Alvarr?" Morgana said and that's when Kylynn stepped out.

"This is my good friend, practically a sister, Lady Kylynn, you might've heard of her, she's to be Queen of Eileminti, and she's pissed you stole a druid child," Morgana smirked. Kylynn's features turned dark, and suddenly Alvarr was screaming, he caught fire. A woman ran out to try to put it out and I felt Mordred move closer to me, I knew why he did that, "She's in on it too!" I yelled and Kylynn snapped her gaze to the woman who also caught fire. When she snapped out of it, "Come on Mordred, you can stay for the night, Arthur and Leon want to say hello," she said and we made our way back.

Mordred had stayed with Morgana that night and we all went to that room in the morning and had breakfast there. 'Is Lady Kylynn okay?' Mordred asked. Mauve and Arthur jumped and looked at Mordred in surprise but then looked back at Kylynn who was in her own world staring outside. "She's lonely," Arthur whispered. I looked at him surprised.

"Wellthink about it, all her companions got somebody of romantic interest. I haveArthur, Gwen has Lancelot even though he's not here, she can still talk to him,Leon has a village girl he's been talking too, Merlin has Morgana, don't eventry to deny it," Mauve turned her attention to Morgana and I when we tried todeny it with blushes on our faces. "But Kylynn doesn'thave anybody yet, hopefully soon," she said as she watched her best friend, nowbeing accompanied by Gwen who heard the conversation.