The Poisoned Chalice

Kylynn POV

We watched as Bayard signed the treaty between him and Uther. I was trying to ignore the ridiculous outfit Arthur put Merlin in. Uther signed his part of the treaty before they grasped arms as Bayard turns towards the people, "People of Camelot, for a great many years we have been mortal enemies, and the blood of our men stains the ground from the walls of Camelot to the gates of Mercia. And though we remember those who have died, we must not allow any more to join them," a girl comes by handing out the goblets, I have a weird feeling about something, "As a symbol of our goodwill, and of our newfound friendship, I present these ceremonial goblets to you, Uther, and to your son, Arthur, in hope that our friendship may last," he says. The serving girl approaches Merlin and I watched as they left and didn't hear the rest of what Bayard said. He was an alliance with my kingdom so he knows exactly who I am and won't tell anybody.

Soon we all rose for the toast, "Arthur," Bayard mentioned, he began to drink before he was silently told not to when Bayard called, "The Lady Morgana," who nodded.

"The Lady Kylynn," he nodded to me and kept eye contact to assure me that he wouldn't say anything. "The people of Camelot,"

Arthur had started to drink again before he was interrupted again this time by Uther, "And to fallen warriors on both sides," and with that we drank, at least until Merlin ran in announcing Arthur's goblet was poisoned.

"Bayard laced Arthur's goblet with poison," he accused.

"This is an outrage," Bayard and I looked at each other and I could tell he didn't do it just as he could tell my whole confusion on the situation. Both sides pulled out there swords as Morgana and I silently told Arthur, Gwen, Mauve, and Leon that we had no idea this would have happened. More guards ran in making Bayard's people outnumbered.

"I will not allow this insult to go unchallenged!"

"On what grounds do you base this accusation?" Uther says as Arthur said he would handle it and goes to confront Merlin, who kept with the accusations that was beginning to piss me off. Mauve held my hand with her icy ones so my fire didn't start. We all watched worriedly as the argument ends with Merlin drinking the goblet and paused saying it was fine before he choked and passed out. "It's poisoned. Guards seize him," Bayard and his people are taken away as Arthur picks up Merlin and Gwen the cup before quickly following Gaius.

Arthur had come back with Gwen, "Bayard didn't do it did he?" he questioned. "He's allied with my kingdom, he's one of the one's watching out for it while I'm gone. He knew I was here and that you and Morgana were on my side and the look in his eye shows that he did not do it," I explained.

Morgana spoke up, "What did Gaius find?"

"A petal from the Mortaeus flower being guarded by a Cockatrice," he went to talk to Uther although he was going to leave anyway. Morgana and I were eating a meal in my room with Gwen and Mauve when a vision hit and I dropped the cup I was holding. "Ky?" I heard Mauve call as I saw the woman or Nimueh Merlin had left with was the same who had actually poisoned the chalice and poisoned the water supply. She was going to run into Arthur and trick him but Merlin saves him with a light from his magic to guide him. When I snapped out of it I saw Arthur had joined and I explained what I saw so he was prepared. "Merlin's going to guide him while currently dying?" Gwen clarified.

"I think he's doing it unconsciously so Gwen if you go there pretend you don't hear it or act clueless," I told her.

Arthur POV

I managed to get passed the guards and kept Ky's vison in mind. Merlin is supposed to be the one to deal with major threats in Camelot to help with his confidence in helping the city and this sorceress was one of them.

I saw a girl on the forest ground and knew that was Nimueh especially since I heard the Cockatrice behind me. I managed to kill it as Nimueh pretends to be scared. Yeah, she doesn't think I saw that smile, "It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you. Who did that to you?" I pointed to bruises.

"My master. I ran away from him, but then I got lost. Please don't leave me,"

"I won't. I'm not going to,"

"You can take me away from here?"

"Not yet. There's something I have to do first," I said and looked into the cave that she will most likely trap me in.

"Why have you come to the caves?" she asked.

"I'm looking for something. It can only be found here."

"What is it? I know this place; I could help you," she said with fake innocence, she's not a very good actor.

"It's a type of flower that only grows inside the cave. It's very rare,"

"The Mortaeus flower? I know where they are. I'll show you," and I followed her into the cave.

Gwen POV

I am sitting next to Merlin when he says, "Arthur, it...it's a trap. It's a trap," this must be his visions starting, "His fever's getting worse, isn't it?"

"The poison's setting in," Gaius said. Merlin then spoke in another language and I pretended I didn't hear it, seeing Gaius' alarmed look.

Arthur POV

I followed Nimueh into the caves and heard her begin her spell when she showed me the flowers that just so happened to be right off of a ledge, "What are you doing?!" I managed to thankfully grab the other end of the path that didn't fall.

"I expected so much more,"

"Who are you?!" wow even hanging off the ledge of a path, I can still act.

"That last face you'll ever see," well wasn't that cliché. She even took off her hood like would reveal everything. A giant spider had showed up and Nimueh smirked, "It seems you have a visitor," I managed to kill the spider while still hanging off the side. "Very good. But he wont be the last. I'll let his friends finish you off, Arthur Pendragon. It's not your destiny to die at my hand," yeah, yeah, druid child, yeah, I know, not going to happen. "Who are you?!" I repeated as she left with the torch, trying to keep the act up. Then I saw a light appear lift up next to me, I sure hope that is Merlin's magic. I climb back up onto the ledge and the light lifts up showing the flower. I climbed up to the flower as more spiders kept appearing, I put the flower in my pouch as I kept climbing to the top.

Long story short, on my way back, my asshole of a father decided I would be arrested, and now hopefully Morgana or Kylynn came up with a plan to get the flower. Then I heard Gwen, "Food for the prisoner," I made sure to express my annoyance.

"Set it down over there," Gwen set the food down and I walked over and placed the flower on the plate, "Wait a minute," Gwen came back with a hopeful look, "I couldn't possibly eat this, it's disgusting. The state it's in, I'm not sure it's fit for anyone," I complained and happened to see Gwen smirked, seeing the flower. I almost panicked when a guard had called for Gwen to stop, only to take the bread. Another girl came down with food and Gwen then ran for it, back to Gaius.

Gwen POV

After getting back to Gaius, ignoring his use of magic, Merlin's heart stopping, me freaking out, Gaius hugging me, "That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're old enough to be her grandfather," coming from Merlin, I could now relax a little. Merlin was recovering according to Arthur, and Arthur had played his part being clueless on who Nimueh was.