Beauty and the Beast Part 1

Arthur POV

I walked in Morgana's room to find her and Kylynn sitting together. Gwen and Mauve were doing their hair while Leon had arrived behind. "What's going on?" I asked, knowing they both had a vision. They both looked at each other the best they could in their situation before Kylynn let out a loud laugh while Morgana look slightly horrified. "U-ther-rs g-g-going-g t-to m-marr-ry a t-t-troll-l," Kylynn got out through her giggles.

"What?!"

"Uther is going to be tricked by a troll, and marry her," Morgana said bluntly. That set off Gwen, Mauve, and Leon, while Morgana and I were just there, feeling somewhere between horrified and stunned. Later a Lady Catrina had arrived and gave a sob story about what happened to her, it was rather convincing but from the amused look on Kylynn's face, that was the troll.

"Merlin! Job for you," I called out. Merlin came and was stunned seeing the troll, telling Kylynn and I that she must have a love spell on her, which made us even more amused when the stare broke when Morgana showed up. When she looked at us confused after Merlin, Catrina, and Jonas left, I said, "Pretty sure she has a love spell on her, Merlin's gaze broke when you came in, love spells break when a man is in love with a woman," I told her. "What does that mean for you and Mauve?" Kylynn teased and giggled when my cheeks darkened.

Unfortunately, Kylynn, Morgana, and I were to have dinner with the troll and my father. "Well, this is wonderful. Thank you," she said.

"It's an honor. The Houses of Tregor and Pendragon have been allies for as...well, as long as anyone can remember," Uther said.

"My father often spoke of you, My Lord."

"And I will remember him always,"

I decided to finally speak up, "I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet him."

"I'm sorry too. For the House of Tregor is no more."

"Well, no, Catrina, it lives on in you."

"I only wish that were true."

"It is, My Lady. Your courage, your modesty. And you are as you always were, ever since you were a child."

"Ah, I fear I am much changed since then, my Lord." Oh, yes there was quite a bit of change. "Oh, yes, it's true. You are much more beautiful now," my father said. I was disgusted while I saw Morgana fake smile and Kylynn gave one looking like she wanted to laugh. I gave fake yawn, "I'm sorry, hard day's training. If you'll excuse me."

"Of course," the troll said.

"Arthur," Uther excused me. I walked off hearing Kylynn and Morgana excuse themselves too. We didn't want to be in there but at the same time couldn't wait to see his reaction when he finds out. We were just waiting for her to mess up so a certain warlock would notice.

Gwen came in and told us before she retired for the night that she had overheard Merlin say to Gaius that Catrina didn't want the tonic he had made her, which made Gaius suspicious because Catrina had a bone disorder that affected her joints and couldn't be cured.

The next day I was watching my father and Catrina with the horses...giggling. Merlin and I were watching while grooming a horse, "Honestly. Look at them," I said, disgusted.

"Don't you think it's odd how quickly they've become close?" Merlin asked, good he's definitely suspicious about her.

"There's nothing odd about that. My father's a wealthy and powerful man," I said thinking about the fact he slept with someone and had Morgana with the woman before, or during, marrying my mother. I have noticed him getting highly defensive over the troll, which was explained to me that he was the main target.

That night I heard Merlin mutter a spell, I needed him to do it another room though, my chambers get monitored and guarded, I pretended to be angry that he was spying although I knew what he was actually doing. I had found out the next morning that Merlin had still been spotted following the troll, by the other one that was with her, Gaius had confronted Uther about Catrina being a troll but he was far into the love spell, even called him "physician" instead of his actual name. I only knew the Gaius bit because my father had been ranting about it to me that morning.

I was filling in the girls and Leon on what has happened, I had just finished when Kylynn had thrown up on the floor. "She must've done something to solidify the bond with Uther, usually Kylynn could stand a love spell until they try to make it permanent," Mauve explained as she held up Kylynn's hair as she was about to throw up again.

"Thank you all for coming," my father announced to the people, "You are no doubt, wondering why I have gathered you here today. Though we live in dark times, today I bring you light, and love. It gives me greatest pleasure to inform you that the House of Tregor and Pendragon are to be united in the closest bond of all. I am to marry Lady Catrina of Tregor. I am to marry Lady Catrina tomorrow. This union heralds a new dawn for the kingdom, a new beginning and a new queen for all here in Camelot. I could not hope to have a better match. I hope you will all share in out joy. Thank you." My father announced, while Morgana and I were helping Kylynn stay up, Catrina had an aura of unnaturalness to her, according to Kylynn and Mauve. Morgana had noticed the necklace Uther had on that was new, he would've gotten that around the time Kylynn had gotten sick. Merlin was trying to do something to reveal Catrina, but it wasn't working, she overpowered him, but they definitely know he has magic, and with Catrina as Queen, she can expose him.

I saw Merlin hesitating in approaching me, "Yes?"

"Arthur. I'm going to tell you something. It's not going to be easy."

"Right..."

"It concerns the Lady Catrina."

"You're not using my chambers to spy on her again."

"Oh, no. Trust me, I saw everything I needed to see."

"I'm sure you did."

"Arthur. She's a troll."

"I know."

"I'm serious, wait, what?" He looked at me stunned.

"I've seen it, he's incredibly defensive, and while he may have had some women in bed, he wouldn't have an actual marriage again since my mother. And there is something off about that necklace he's got," I explained. "And Kylynn has this thing about knowing when evil magic is going on and getting sick because of it, I'm sure you've heard from Gaius," he nodded, "Well she got sick last night which could've been the time he was given that necklace. As far as I know, anything involving love spells is not good, it's not natural," I told him, using Mauve's words at the end. I knew I was slightly hinting Kylynn had magic but if my father hadn't figured it out, Merlin would be slow enough to figure it out too. "Now, she's going to be the future queen of Camelot whether we like it or not, until the truth gets revealed to him."

We couldn't find Merlin at the wedding, Kylynn and Morgana would've done something (although Kylynn did send Mauve off to help Merlin escape the cave while staying out of view) but they really wanted to see the look on Uther's face when he finds out he married a troll. I was just disgusted a troll would be my step mother. Morgana was too, but her amusement out shined her disgust. Merlin was a tad late as he had burst into the throne room as they were announced husband and wife.