Sweet Dreams

Third POV

Merlin had walked into Morgana's chambers, he had permission now just like Mauve, Arthur, Gwen, and Leon, to see Kylynn and Morgana making a potion. Arthur walked in afterwards, "I'm assuming something is going to happen to me, what's new, as I am to wear Mauve's necklace again, not that I mind, but what is it?"

"Oh, just a King and a trickler that are going to put a love spell on you towards a rude princess who is thankfully not a troll," Kylynn said, putting stuff into the cauldron, Merlin looked confused as to why Kylynn was making the potion, if his assumptions were right, this wasn't going to be something nice. "Kylynn is making the potion but I'm doing the magic bit, it's a truth potion that you are putting in King Alined's drink," Morgana explained.

"What about the trickler?" Merlin asked.

"Oh, he's being threatened by Alined to expose him. Mauve will find him beforehand, and tell him the plan. I'm offering a place within my kingdom, as we do have some tricksters, they are actually quite useful in battle if they figure out there ranges," Kylynn explained. Morgana had chanted a spell and the potion glowed, "Now, like I said put this in Alined's drink. Arthur you're really just wearing the necklace for extra protection."

Merlin looked confused again, "Arthur and Mauve were practically meant to be. The necklace has a bit of her magic in it. He's worn it a few times," Morgana said. Merlin left, making sure the potion was safe, he was going to take extra care of it and make sure he didn't trip or fall over anything. He couldn't help but think the clotpole's blushing face when Mauve was mentioned.

The Kings had arrived and Merlin snuck off to the kitchen, while Mauve snuck off to find a certain jester. Mauve managed to find him, as he seemed to be staring in awe at her, "Are you from Eileminti?" he said, still in awe.

"Yes, you've of the place?"

"I've always wanted to go there, but I didn't think I would be let in," he said. "Then King Alined had caught me and had been threatening to kill me."

"Well, I'm going to tell you, we're going to expose Alined's plans, but you are leaving. I serve one of the wards here, Lady Kylynn," his eyes widened in recognition, "Yes, she is here, she knows what you were being forced to do, here's your ticket into Eileminti. We do have other tricksters, it's a small group, but we have tricksters. They like to entertain the people, especially the kids, not do mean things like you're being forced to do," he gave a big smile seeing the parchment she held, "That man is Sir Leon," she pointed towards the incoming curly haired man, "He is one of Prince Arthur's trusted. The Prince here does support magic, he just pretends not to. Leon is going to help you escape undetected and point you in the right direction and you will meet up with Sir Lancelot and Sir Ewan," Mauve explained to him.

"Give her my biggest thanks; she will be a great Queen. You even have a bit of Queen material yourself," the jester said before he ran off with Leon.

Merlin had distracted some of the maids and cooks and found the one who was about to serve Alined's food. He poured the potion in and quickly left before he was spotted. Upon entering the dining hall, he gave a slight nod to the Prince and two wards. "Is he out?" he quietly asked Mauve. "Yes, he was excited, I don't blame him, he thought he wasn't good enough to go there just because he was a trickster. He didn't know we had a few there, he gets a safe haven and not a man threatening his life," Mauve explained, finishing just in time for Gaius to appear next to them, Gaius and Merlin hadn't spoken to each other a whole lot unless it was work purposes. Gaius thought it was because of Morgana, I mean it was, just for a different reason than he thought. He thought it was because Morgana had done some spell on him that would take away his free will and make him her servant, like he thinks she might have done to the prince. Actually, it was because Merlin gained a lot of respect towards the three witches and Prince, he also had quite a big crush on a certain dark haired witch, and she had one back.

"King Alined, what is wrong?" Uther said noticing how his fellow King was looking around, as if he was trying to find somebody. "My jester is not here, he was going to put on a show," the King had said. The food had been served, and they watched him swallow his drink, Merlin looked a little worried before Mauve gave him a look telling him to wait. After a couple more minutes, "WHERE IS MY DAMN JESTER, HE WAS GOING TO PUT A LOVE SPELL ON ARTHUR AND VIVIAN," was screamed.

The other Kings, especially Uther and Olaf, Vivian's father, were outraged. "Get out of my kingdom!" Uther yelled. "Where is the sorcerer?" he then asked.

"Uh Sire, somebody was spotted hurriedly exiting out of Camelot, that might've been him," Leon spoke up.

"Oh, of course! He saw an opportunity and ran, I was threatening him with his life unless he did what I told him after all," Alined spoke up. Some King's hid their anger, they did allow magic users, and some of them did not mind magic. "Get out!" Uther yelled again.

After King Alined and his entourage left, the rest of the meal went by peacefully, alliances had been made with both Uther and Arthur, and some only made alliances for Arthur. Soon after the room cleared, Arthur had gone back to his chambers with Merlin, "So," Merlin starts, "You and Mauve?" Arthur froze and looked back at Merlin, "So," he mocked, "You and Morgana?" Merlin blushed looking back at Arthur.

"Okay, you caught me," he said.

"Yes, yes, I did. Now we've got Gwen and Lancelot, we just need Kylynn," Arthur said.

"What about Leon?" Merlin asked.

"No, they are like siblings. I think Kylynn would like somebody a bit more wild, like fire, it is her specialty after all."