The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

Third POV

"How do you think he died? Gaius?" Merlin questioned the distracted physician. They were outside a tomb during the night.

"Hmm?"

"Do you know whose tomb it is?"

"Not sure,"

"Do you think it might be cursed?" Merlin asked. Gaius accidently stepped on a trap and a dart shot out towards Gaius only for a plate to appear, blocking the dart. "You just saved my life. Thank you," Gaius said.

The plate had dropped and rolled all the way to Uther's feet, cutting him off and calling him an idiot. "Were you born clumsy or do you work at it?" Arthur teased.

"It's just one of my many gifts," was Merlin's response.

"Well this is quite the find. You see, Gaius, I was right. There is treasure to be found under Camelot. Which of my predecessors do I have to thank for all of this? Gaius?" Uther questioned the still distracted physician.

"Uh, I'd have to look into it, Sire."

"How did he die?"

"He seems to have unwittingly triggered a trap here."

"To deter grave robbers."

"Well there's plenty in here, people would want to steal. Have them secure the tomb. Guarding it is your responsibility, Arthur," Uther said.

"Yes, Father."

Over a bit of time, a new person named Cedric had appeared and slowly took over for Merlin, more along the lines of Arthur was keeping an eye on him. Uther had been alarmed when Kylynn had been feeling sick since the day Cedric came. She had seen ravens when they weren't actually there.

Now, while Arthur would love to tease Merlin, he was getting sick of Cedirc's obvious sucking up. Merlin had found out more about Cornelius Sigan and who he was. He had also become worried about the two wards of Camelot. Kylynn had gotten sick, which is saying some bad magic is going on and Morgana is just looking tired. Gaius was more alarmed by what was going on now after finding out what Kylynn is seeing. He had also been alarmed by Morgana's nightmare, but Kylynn is seeing these ravens during the day while she is awake.

"The insignia on this ring belongs to Cornelius Sigan. I believe it to be his tomb. In the Old Religion, the name Sigan means raven," Gaius explained to Uther. Uther did not listen to what Gaius was trying to tell him. "I think he's targeting Kylynn, she had been terrified when I visited her claiming to see all of these ravens. I would have put it off as nightmares but she is seeing them during the day," Gaius continued.

Uther looked a bit more alarmed but still put it off. Cedric had successfully merged with Sigan and knocked out the guards near the wards chambers. He quietly crept in to see the redhead lying in her bed, he took a weapon and knocked her out. Sigan had sensed her power, and he wanted it, he wanted to use it, maybe use other things too. He had her tied up off to the side, near his tomb.

"My lord! Lady Kylynn was taken," a guard rushed in urgently. He had explained that the guards had been magically knocked out and upon entering the room, they spotted the blood on the floor and pillow. "Guards! Find Lady Kylynn!" he yelled. Everyone was searching until some creatures had started attacking the towns. Arthur went against his father's orders to try and help the people while trusting Leon to go find the redhead. Mauve and Arthur worked as a team, fighting off the creatures while Morgana ran off to help Gaius.

Merlin had managed to find Sigan, "Who would've believed it? You, a sorcerer, and a powerful one. I can add you to my collection with the redhead," that got Merlin's attention, 'Why does he have Kylynn?' he thought. He managed to take Sigan's soul back out of Cedric's body and back into the stone. He comes back out to find Gaius and Leon and tosses Gaius the stone, "Did you find Lady Kylynn?" Gaius asked Merlin. Morgana approached them too, "No but I think I know where she is," Merlin said.

He walked off in the direction of the tomb with the other three behind him. They reached the tomb and looked in to see a barely covered up and shivering Kylynn. Sigan had ripped her clothes and she didn't have a lot on in the first place as she was only sleeping. Leon quickly ran behind her and undid the ropes holding her in place and Morgana quickly got Leon's cape off and he wrapped Kylynn up in it and picked her up. Uther and Arthur and a group of knights had all paused along with wandering survivors seeing Leon walk in carrying a certain redhead wrapped in his cape. "Take her to the physician's chamber," Uther said. Thankfully Kylynn only had a small head injury, rope burns, and a little bit of hypothermia. Nobody other than those who knew about her magic, could figure out why she got hypothermia and not just a cold. They didn't that because of her fire specialty she tends to run a little warmer and gets cold quicker.

(A/N: Sorry this is short)