The Beginning of the End

Arthur POV

We had gotten reports of a druid and a child druid that had appeared in Camelot. I watched as the child I knew was Mordred. Morgana, Mauve, and Kylynn discreetly flinched, "The child was screaming for help," Mauve explained. Mauve had managed to sneak around and make sure the child managed to get to Merlin, while the guards had searched. She came back later, "They're together," she announced.

Kylynn POV

I was in Morgana's room as we waited for Merlin and Mordred, "Why are there so many names that begin with M?" I said. Morgana gave me a confused look, "Mordred, Mauve, Merlin...Morgana," I pointed to her at the last one causing her to start laughing.

Merlin had bursted in with Mordred, "Have you forgotten how to knock, Merlin?!" Morgana yelled. "Yes, she could've been changing!" I added and Morgana turned her head to hide her laughter and I saw a bit of amusement from Mordred. "The guards are after him. I didn't know what to do," he admitted. "My Ladies?" came from the knocking guard, "My Ladies?"

"In there," Morgana motioned to the curtain, before she opened the door; I had noticed Mordred giving us curious looks. 'Mordred,' I spoke telepathically. His eyes widened as I could see him from where I was sitting, 'Morgana and I both have magic, but Merlin does not know, he cannot know right now, blink twice if you understand,' he blinked twice. 'You might not believe it but you can trust Prince Arthur, there are many magic users in Camelot that the three of us try to hide, Merlin more times than we admit,' he mouth twitched up. 'Arthur is not like his father, if you find Sir Leon by himself he is a trusted knight, along with maidservants Gwen and Mauve, who is also a magic user. Just make sure Merlin doesn't know, if Arthur acts mean it somebody other than the people I have mentioned are nearby, it is an act, he will try to communicate with you, but you have to work with him on that, okay?' I explained. 'Okay' I heard a child respond.

'Unfortunately I don't think the adult you were with is going to make it out alive,' the child looked upset but understood. That's when they all saw Merlin's hand covered in Mordred's blood. I went to my chambers and grabbed some healing supplies to give to Merlin who dressed the wound. I sat with Mordred while Morgana and Merlin watched the set up for the other druid to be executed. Mordred had recognized my kingdom's name so he had felt comfortable around me while he had a certain connection to Merlin and Morgana. My kingdom happened to have a safety spot for druids to live.

We had managed to convince Merlin to leave Mordred with us for the night, and after he left, Arthur and Leon came in. "That him?" Leon pointed to the kid who was hiding behind Morgana. We nodded and I looked at the child, "Remember what I said Mordred."

The child peaked his head out, "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything for the adult that was with you, I tried but my father is not reasonable towards magic users," Arthur apologized and Mordred took a second before he came out, "Just be weary he doesn't talk he's telepathic," I explained. They both nodded before they took their leave, and Mordred got to meet Gwen and Mauve. After he went to sleep the five of us (Arthur and Leon came back) looked to Morgana, "You know he has a bond with you and Merlin," I mentioned.

"He does with you too," Morgana's voice went higher as she became defensive.

"Yeah because he knows where I was from which is why he feels the same with Mauve, we're his most likely safe havens, speaking of which," I pulled out a parchment and sent it to Ewan and Lancelot. "But you two on the other hand, have something like a parent bond, you and Merlin, Morgana and Merlin, parents of Mordred," I teased and I could tell Arthur especially loved seeing Morgana blushing.

When Merlin came the next morning, Mordred had still been asleep and Morgana explained the conversation she had with Merlin thinking she would have turned them both in. thankfully we hadn't waited on taking care of Mordred's wound as it seemed to be healing just fine, or me and Morgana took care of it after Merlin left. We knew Arthur had been coming so Mordred had hid and I had made him invisible since he was hidden form Mordred too and we didn't know if anyone came with Arthur. "The Druid boy's hiding behind the screen. I'm sure you father would love to know how you wasted your time by rifling through my things. Go on," Morgana spoke.

"So you can have the satisfaction of making me look like a fool?" Arthur responded. They continued bickering until Arthur had wasted enough time and left. Mordred went ahead and slipped the name Emrys and Merlin tried to get him to speak, "We don't know if he can speak, or... he's just too scared too," Morgana said as we both acted sad, effectively hiding that we were listening in on Merlin's mini freakout. Gwen soon comes and helps the druid boy with Merlin knowing, so does Mauve. "The guards are searching everyone," Mauve says as they watch the guards.

"There is another way out. There's a secret door in the armory. It leads o the lower town. I'll take the boy out that way," Merlin explained.

"No. It's too dangerous. I'll do it," Morgana argued.

"But I—I'm good with secret doors and things," Merlin tried to argue back.

"If you are caught, Uther will execute you. The boy's my responsibility. I'll smuggle him out of the castle."

"Well, you'll need a key for the door," Merlin said.

"Who has it?"

"Arthur," Merlin answered and left to go attend to Arthur and get the keys, only for Arthur to come back in later, "I had to act dumb and think I heard I heard sounds because Merlin couldn't keep the damn keys quiet," he complained while Morgana took some of Gwen's clothes. Arthur turned to Mordred since he had to leave before Merlin showed up, "Good luck," he told him and Mordred smiled back and nodded. When Merlin came back, and Morgana was already dresses in Gwen's clothes, Merlin asked her, "Are you ready?"

Morgana nodded, "Did you get the keys?"

Merlin had handed her the keys and explained what door to use and they left.

Arthur POV

I tried to hold off the guards but I couldn't much when a guard admitted that someone saw somebody leave with a little boy. I had the alarms sounded and Morgana and Mordred were surrounded, Morgana tried to plead her case as suddenly the guards went into a trance, Ewan had come up and I motioned for Mordred to go with him and Morgana snuck out, we waved to the druid boy who smiled at us, he had recognized the symbol Ewan had on, he waved to Kylynn and Mauve who had also snuck out and left. When the guards snapped out of it, I also played confused, "Why are we here?" and the others had also been confused. Somehow, other than Morgana, Merlin, Gaius, Kylynn, Mauve, Gwen, Leon, and I, everyone had forgotten about the boy. Of course Merlin and Gaius would be suspicious but wouldn't know that it was Ewan, who turned out to have a strong talent for mind magic.