Chapter 20 Opening at Juntado, part 1

Photo to the right is Jonah, Brett, Liam and Aiden all dressed up for Finn's art opening.  Don't they look handsome! :)

-----------------------------

Chapter 20

Finn

"You look stunning."  

I'd heard Nico arrive and quickly went out to the living room to greet him.  His eyes traveled from my head to my toes and back again with a warm smile and soft, twinkling eyes.  He looked excited to see me which made me doubly so.  It was a little more than an hour before my gallery show was going to open and the apartment was buzzing with excitement, but at that moment, all I could focus on was Nico.

I opened my mouth to return the compliment, because, man, he didn't just look stunning, he looked hot!  But after all the craziness of the past few days, the last minute running around and preparations, picking up people from the airport - though Chris and Thomas did most of that, and the general panic I always got during that last hour before the doors opened - did I get everything placed correctly, how will my new paintings be received, will my show be a bust?  After all that, my brain was mush and I had no words. 

I looked behind me at Benji who had followed me out of my bedroom; he had basically dressed me because figuring out what to wear would have just put me over the edge.  Plus, his sense of style was at par with Nico's, so I knew I was safe in his hands.

"Are you ready to go?"  Nico prompted.  I knew that if we didn't leave now we would be late and it was good luck to crack a few bottles of champagne with the gallery staff and close friends before the doors were opened.  I nodded my head and he stepped forward, rubbing my arms reassuringly.  "It's going to be a great night, aside from the part of the gallery you wouldn't let me see yet, the other paintings I saw are your best work to date, and believe me, as one of your top collectors, I know."  I looked up and laughed.  He had me there.

"Just promise me that tonight, you let a few other people buy some."  Nico let out one of his deep chuckles that emanated deep within his chest.

"I'm not that bad, I always made sure to leave plenty for the masses.  But, I promise I'll limit myself to my very favourites tonight."

"You do that."  I leaned forward and Nico did the same, pulling me into his arms with a deep kiss.  Neither of us cared who was watching.  By now, the cat was out of the bag with my friends.  

"Okay everyone, let's move out!"  That was Benji.  He had a huge grin on his face as he started directing everyone towards the door.  Crammed into my apartment right now were Benji, Chris and Thomas, Liam, Jonah, Brett and Aiden - who were all dressed to the nines, and Ajax was sitting on a stool at the kitchen island with an amused smirk as he watched his boyfriend start directing everyone.  

Nico had just arrived because he was delivering a few cases of champagne to Juntado so the staff could put them on ice.  I went back to my room to grab my phone and wallet and when I returned I saw Nico and Liam exchanging a few words, both with grins on their faces.  Something was up and I was looking forward to finding out what it was.

"Okay...does everyone know whose car they're riding in? Let's get some carpooling going on here gang, save as much parking for the guests as possible.  Liam and Jonah, you come with me and Ajax, Brett and Aiden can go with Chris and Thomas in Finn's car and Finn and Nico...are on their own.  Err...no stopping to make out on the way, you two.  No reenactment of the backseat scene from Titanic."  Both Nico and I sent him a glare while the others chuckled to themselves.

"Do all the others have rides?" I asked nervously as I realized I'd forgotten about that.  Elliott and David had flown in yesterday and were at a hotel; also, Jaime and little Daisy had flown in with Louisa and Rosita arriving early this afternoon.  They had gone straight to the same hotel to grab some sleep before they were to meet us at the gallery for our pre-opening toast.