Chapter 23 Art on the Street

(Picture is of Liam, what a cute peanut!)

Chapter 23

 Finn

"Isn't this great Liam?"

Since I had no afternoon classes today and Garrett had told me about this art fair in the neighbourhood near Juntado, I invited Liam to come along with me.  It meant he didn't have to go to the Boy's Club after school since Jonah had a full day of classes and Brett and Aiden were working, and I got to spend some one-on-one time with my quiet little friend.

It was actually a street fair with artist booths, food vendors and lots of performance art as well.  There was so much to see and so many different mediums of creativity we both walked around with big eyes and probably dazed and amazed looks.  It was an annual event, but neither Liam nor I had ever been before.

I kept a good eye on Liam though, remembering the time I got lost in Miami during a Fourth of July parade and how scary it was.  He often reminded me so much of myself and I knew that type of experience would be just as scary to him, plus, Jonah would kick my ass if anything happened to him under my care.

Liam looked up at me and nodded with a grin.  "It's awesome!"

We walked around and I bought a few things for my apartment.  I wanted to support other local artists since I've been lucky to have so many people supporting me.  I also bought Liam a leather bracelet he was admiring.  Of course he was like his brother, didn't want to accept it at first, but I convinced him that it was my way of saying thank you for all his extra help getting ready for my show at Juntado.

We stopped by and said hello to Garrett, but it was pretty quick because he was headed out to meet 'Luke' for lunch.  "The doctor I met at the show?" I asked.  He grinned and blushed and I didn't have the heart to tease him about it.

"So I've had lots of inquiries about your next show Finn," he told me before he left, "I think we should have another in late November, early December, what do you think?"

"I think I can manage that, I'll stop by in a few weeks and we can talk about dates and maybe throw some ideas around about what direction to take with some of the new paintings."

"Sounds great, oh, and I've had a spot cleared for your use in the studio and your own locked closet to store things securely.  Whenever you want to start using it, just go ahead."  Garrett looked over at Liam who was a few feet away staring up at an abstract painting by an artist I'd admired for a while.  "Liam, I hope you'll let me put a few of your paintings in Finn's show again, I had quite a few people tell me how talented you were, they were astounded when I told them your age and that you'd only just started painting." 

"Um…I guess.  If it's okay with Finn," he said softly.

"One day, I hope you'll let me hold your own show here."  Liam full out blushed and looked down, but I saw a huge smile on his face.

"Well, I've got to run, I don't want to be late for Luke.  His schedule at the hospital is so tight I don't want to miss any of the time he sets aside for me."