Chapter 7

Qualifying did not end well. Pierre ended up finishing in thirteen in what was considered a disgrace for the drivers who had a fast car. Pierre had a fast car. He had been pissed for a little but plastered on a smile when Anthoine and Sara stood in front of his hotel to go to dinner together.

"You'll get them tomorrow Pi. The points weren't earned today."

"But starting from the midfield is going to make it all the harder." He shook his head. "We're not going to talk about it now. This is the first time in years we are going to have dinner together, I am going to enjoy it despite the day I've had." He walked ahead of Sara and Anthoine towards the restaurant they had decided to go to earlier.

"It looks adorable!" They stood at the entrance. "Goodness me. Is that a photo booth?!" She dragged them with her to the photobooth. Sara loved photo booths. They clambered in – they barely fit in together – and Sara put in the money. "Okay guys, smile!" They smiled for the first one. The second one was a silly one. On the third one, both boys kissed Sara's cheeks and on the fourth, she squeezed their cheeks together.

"Ow." Pierre rubbed his cheeks. "Did you need to squeeze them so hard?" Sara laughed.

"They are cute though." She looked at the photos and smiled. "Do you guys want one of these?" Both shook their heads.

"You keep them. It was your idea and you seem to really like them." Sara clutched them to her chest before carefully placing them in her purse.

"Now let's eat!" They sat down and ordered their food. "So, I brought this little thing..." Sara pulled out one of her favourite card games. It was a Dutch game that she had bought somewhere over the years.

"Oh my goodness no." They all were competitive as hell and sometimes they got a little loud whenever they'd play a game. "Please don't tell me you were planning to do this in a restaurant?" Anthoine looked at her.

"Ah, come on Tonio." Pierre was grinning. "It's just a game. Besides, you were the one who used to scream the loudest." Sara high-fived Pierre and laughed.

"I did-" Anthoine yelled, but when everyone turned to look at them, he turned it down. "not"

"We can see that." Sara was grinning and started to shuffle the cards. "Now, don't turn these cards around, but keep them face down on the table." Sara started to explain the game.

"So basically, it is strategy mixed with a lot of good luck and guessing." Sara nodded excitedly. "That's going to go down well with us." Anthoine shook his head. He took a deep breath. "Let's go then."

They laughed as they played the game. People kept looking at them, but somewhere along the line, Anthoine let his guard down as well and just joined his two other friends in wreaking havoc.

"Stop!"

"No!" Both Anthoine and Pierre yelled making Sara laugh. She was going to win the round, or she could have been bluffing. Either way, it stressed the two boys out.

"Okay, that's all?" She turned around her cards.

"Seriously?! One?!" Both boys turned their cards around as well. They showed eleven and seven points. Seeing the point of the game was to get as few points as possible in the process of a couple of rounds, Sara was going well.

"I am so done with this game." Pierre sighed. "I hate this game." Sara laughed.

"Don't hate on the game."

"You're right." Anthoine grinned. "We should hate the player." Pierre nodded.

"So that's not a word from us to Sara, Tonio. It's her own fault." Anthoine nodded and they turned away from Sara.