Chapter 39

Sara was busy finishing up an interview for the upcoming issue of Vogue. It was a boring process of taking out mistakes in grammar and making everything so it would be a smooth reading experience. She was focused on trying to make it perfect and in doing so, she was biting her lip in concentration.

Carlos smiled. She was so in her element. People were walking up to her, asking her things which she patiently answered. She laughed at something Camille said and then turned back to the screen of her PC.

"Can I help you?" A young man walked up to Carlos.

"No, I'm here for Sara."

"Do you want me to get her?" Carlos shook her head, making the young man frown.

"It's funny to see this side of her, I'll go to her in a couple of minutes. I just never see her this way."

"If you need anything, just let me know." Carlos thanked him and looked back at Sara. She was none the wiser to the fact that he was standing there. When she got a text, she frowned and looked around the office, suddenly seeing a man standing at the entrance, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Carlos?" Camille immediately turned around as well. It was indeed Carlos. Sara jumped up and ran into Carlos' arms. Since she had broken off contact with Noah, she had not seen Carlos anymore. They had both been too busy with work in different countries so had no way to see each other face to face instead of through a screen. "I missed you," Sara whispered, breathing in his cologne as she buried her face into his shoulder.

"I missed you too," Carlos whispered. Both forgot they were standing in a full office space and people could see them.

"They are all starting, aren't they?" Sara asked and Carlos nodded. "Great." Sara pulled back. "Guys, this is Carlos, my boyfriend." A couple of people cheered, knowing very well that Sara hadn't had the best of luck when it came to finding someone to love.

"I'm happy to finally meet you, Carlos." Camille grinned. "It took long enough." She eyed her best friend and then sweetly smiled at Carlos.

"I'm sorry we were barely in France." Sara sassed back. "Just during our vacation we were here and I wasn't going to go to the office voluntarily during these days." Camille rolled her eyes but grinned.

"Carlos, don't you work in England?" Carlos nodded slowly, not knowing what Camille was up to. "We should totally go on a double date then. I've been warning Andrea from the start that we were going to go on a double date with Sara and whoever she would date when she would get a man."

"So she is mentally prepared for Sara." Sara gasped and hit Carlos against his arm playfully. "I'm sorry, I just have to be sure."

"No, to be prepared for me I guess," Camille admitted. "Trust me, I am the one who ships you most. I don't think there is anyone else who ships the two of you more." Carlos laughed loudly.

"You should have heard her over time. She kept whining when I would finally get it through that thick skull of mine to see that you loved me and I loved you."

"It took you a while." Sara raised her eyebrow and leaned away from Carlos.

"Excuse me? I thought you didn't mind the little waiting you had to do." Carlos laughed and pulled Sara close to his chest.

"I didn't." Camille laughed.

"You know what would be adorable? An interview with the both of you, how you met thanks to the magazine and how you are doing now, half a year after you met for the very first time. After all, you are a bit of a celebrity couple and you are Vogue Paris' Belgian darling." Camille winked. "Could I book you for an interview?" Sara looked slightly panicked. There had been so many Instagram and Twitter accounts that suddenly shipped her and Carlos and had started digging up things of her past, including Juliette that she didn't exactly feel like exposing anything else in an interview.