Chapter 19

Sara pulled her phone out of her pocket and tapped on Carlos' number to facetime him.

"Bonjour madame Dubois."

"Ola siñor Carlos." She took the phone so he could see her as well. Sara knew very well it was eight o'clock in Montreal so she knew Carlos would be awake around that time.

"You do know you woke me right?" A look of panic spread over Sara's face. Had she gotten it wrong? Carlos was clearly still in bed, his hair messy and clearly shirtless, also his voice was still croaking – another sign he was just about awake. "Don't worry, I knew you would call at around eight, so you were my alarm."

"And you just trusted me to actually wake you?"

"Well, it's a lot more fun waking up knowing I get to talk to you." Sara chuckled as she picked up her bag. She had an early day off. Or better said, she would be working from home for the weekend as she would go back to Belgium. From there, she would go to the Netherlands to have an interview with Doutzen Kroes, a Dutch model. After that, she would go back home.

"That's a bit weird to hear, but I guess it means you like talking to me, so I'll take it as a compliment. But did you sleep well?" Sara asked as she watched Carlos rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"I'm pretty jet-lagged, so no, I did not sleep very well."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Carlos." She looked genuinely apologetic at him, making Carlos smile.

"You are beautiful." Carlos blurted, but he quickly put a smirk on his face to cover the fact he had caught himself off guard as well. Sara sheepishly chuckled. This was what she was talking about when she discussed her feelings for Carlos with Julie. He could be so sweet but then be so cocky at the same time. It was so confusing.

"Thank you, Carlitos. I would return the favour, but right now, I don't feel like lying."

"Ow, that hurts my ego." Sara laughed and made half a heart with her free hand towards the camera. "That makes it all so much better."

"Who are you talking to?" Camille was walking from behind and from over Sara's shoulder, she noticed the dark mob of hair that belonged to Carlos. "Ah, some Spanish driver?" She winked. "He's bloody handsome, let me tell that."

"I know, right?"

"You know what exactly?" Sara blushed furiously and Camille took one of Sara's earbuds and put it in.

"What did you say?"

"I asked what you women were whispering about."

"You." Camille did not even hesitate to answer Carlos truthfully. "We were saying you are hot." Sara's blush immediately increased.

"Well, I'm happy to hear you both think so but I do have to disappoint you-"

"Camille." Carlos nodded. He had heard Sara talking about her before.

"The co-worker that was in England as well right?" Camille nodded. The one who was dating the woman from Vogue England. Carlos thought, quickly trying to remember all he knew about her. "But I'm sorry to disappoint you, I've already taken an interest in your friend over there, she's very much the only girl I am talking to."

"Well, I don't really mind, I'm happy for you. Sara's an amazing person."

"And she's still standing here, holding the phone with one earbud in, so very much able to listen to the entire conversation."

"Did you hear something, Carlos? I thought I heard Sara, but I'm sure she had left." She playfully rolled her eyes, making Carlos laugh. "But I'm going to go. It was great talking to you Carlos and I'm looking forward to meeting you one day."