Chapter 41

Sara stared at her laptop as she listened to Olivier.

"Sara?"

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Oliver started to get frustrated with his employee.

"You had an interview, Sara. You had an interview and asked for days off." Sara frowned. She didn't have an interview. Where did Olivier get the idea that she had an interview? "I got a call from Juliette Reynolds, she said she had an interview with you." Sara nearly dropped her phone. Juliette?

"I'm sorry, I honestly did not have an interview with her. She is an old friend of mine, could she just have used it as an excuse because I swear I did not have an interview." Sara apologised to her boss, hoping he would understand the situation and would believe her innocence.

"Either way, make sure you don't have to take so many days off anymore. I know that you have a boyfriend who travels the world but you can't just drop your work to follow him. We count on you."

"I know, we have found our way to make it work, so it won't happen as frequent anymore. Just Abu Dhabi. After that, it will be months and then I'll make sure to plan it better than the past half-year." Sara promised. "But I need to go now. I have an important email I need to reply to."

"I will talk to you later." The call ended and Sara looked at the headline of the mail.

Juliette Reynolds

Sara's breath got stuck in her throat.

"Sara, are you okay?" Andrea placed her hand on Sara's shoulder. "You look like you have seen a ghost."

"Might have as well," Sara whispered. "But I am fine." She opened the email and read it through three times before closing her laptop. She only had half a day seeing the celebrations of the podium went late into the night and Sara had a bit of a morning in. "I'll see you tomorrow." Sara smiled at Andrea and left the office.

"Hello, beautiful." Carlos hugged Sara tightly. "What is wrong?" It took Carlos a whole of three seconds before noticing something was up.

"I got an email from Juliette and she has called the French office for me." Carlos was just as confused as Sara was.

"Can I see the email?" Sara took her phone and opened the email on it. Carlos read it. "It seems like she is trying to make amends." Sara nodded. That was the vibe she got out of it as well.

"Can you read the mail I send back before I send it?" Carlos nodded as he watched Sara sit down to type the email. She was clearly out of her doing and confused.

Xxx

"Why did I agree to meet up with her? Where was my head when I agreed?" Carlos laughed.

"On your head. You made the right decision." Sara shook her head. She and Carlos were sitting in the car which was parked in front of the café where Sara would be meeting up with Sara. She was tearing up.

"I'm so freaking scared Carlos. What if this goes so wrong it will never be made right again. The last time I saw her I said so many nasty things. Sara just manages to get the brake of whatever I say. I just can't keep myself from snapping whenever I am with her and she gets on my nerves. I don't want to do that this time." Carlos took her hand.

"Why don't I sit outside to make sure I can keep check on the two of you. Once things get heated, I will come and calm things down." Sara still wasn't sure but Carlos wasn't going to let her get away. "Come on." He got out of the car and from the back seats he got himself a hat to wear. It was cold outside and he didn't feel like freezing his ears off.

"I don't know Carlos."

"I do, when I am outside, I don't make Juliette feel cornered, so she won't say things she doesn't mean." Sara shook her head. "Come on." Carlos sat down on a chair outside and looked at Sara with a look that asked her what she was waiting for.