Chapter 8

Bri's POV

"Elizabeth, have you seen Adelyn?" I ask.

"No I haven't," she answers. "Is she lost?"

"I don't think so. I just haven't been able to find her. We were suppose to leave today."

Elizabeth just shrugs and continues to clean my room.

I decide to leave and go look for her some more and find myself thinking about why she calls herself Adelyn here. Why can't she just call herself Jessica?

"Pardon me," says a woman, interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm sorry," I answer, moving to the side, but when I look up I see the queens face.

We both say each others name at the same time, of course me saying mom.

"You're back," I say after a few seconds of staring at the burns along the side of her face. I look to the normal side of her face and notice tears. "What's wrong?"

"It doesn't matter," she says quickly, walking away.

I watch her walk away until she turns a corner and I continue my search.

I walk into her room and nobody is in here and then something pops into my head. She's probably with Kai. Im about to go to Kai's room to grab her but stop. She loves him. I'll just leave back into the real world and not lock it so she can get out, then we can lock it.

I get ready expecting to be in Jessica's room again but nothing happens. Not again. I'm trapped. She left without me.

I run back to my room and ask Elizabeth where Kai is and she didn't know. She took him with him. That bitch.

Maybe it was an accident? The way leaving the world works is that you need to think of the person you're taking back and she could have been thinking of Kai. Because I was taking her away from him and by doing that I got myself trapped. Great job.

•••

Livvy's POV

"I'm hungry," Kai tells me, investigating my computer.

"We could go to McDonalds of you want," I answer.

He turns around looking confused. "McDonalds?"

"Yea. Come on."

Once were out the door I remember something. Bri. I walk back up the stairs and grab her, dragging her into my closet, so my mom doesn't find her.

•••

"This is delicious!" Kai says, shoving a Big Mac into his mouth. "What are these sticks called?"

"Fries."

"Wow," he says picking up his root beer and chugging it.

Suddenly he gets up and walks over to the counter and talks to the lady, odeon something. The lady tells him how much it will be and he pulls a piece of gold out of his pocket. The lady's eyes widen and she calls the manager over.

Kai's POV

"Is that real gold?" A woman in a dirty uniform asks me.

"Of course it is. What else would I pay with?"'

"That's worth a lot. Would you like to supersize everything or add anything to your order?"

"I will try the supersize, thanks."

She brings me my meal about five minutes later and hands it to me.

Once I get back to our seats Adelyn is gaping at me. "You had gold, and you spent it on McDonalds. Do you know how much that's worth?"

"Not much. Are prices higher in California?"

She just stares at me so I start eating the food I bought. I pick up little brown chunks of something and put it in my mouth and it crunches.

"Try this," she finally says, handing me a pack of something called ketchup.

I squeeze all of the contents out onto one of he chunks and eat it and it's wonderful.

"You weren't suppose to use the whole pack on one of them!"

"I didn't know that. You could have told me."

After I'm finished eating Adelyn gets up and says, "we're going to Starbucks now, alright?"

I nod and follow her to her moving piece of metal.