Chapter 13

Bri's POV

I sit underground in one of the dwarves holding rooms, waiting for their leader, digging holes in the dirt wall with my fingers.

I hear somebody clear their throat behind me and I turn around to see a man who's surprisingly cute unlike the other dwarves. He doesn't even look like a dwarf, I've never seen one with blonde hair or green eyes and this dwarf is completely hairless other then his head.

"We've been watching you," he says after a while of staring at each other. "Sorry, that sounded creepy.... We've um, well we have been watching you." I look at him, gesturing for him to continue. "One of our men were out hunting and he saw you getting taken by some of your own and he came for others and we're just wondering why they took you?"

I stand there thinking about it. "I really don't know," I lie.

"Are you sure?" He asks me.

"Yes."

"Well then what did your captor mean by being her to the real world?"

How does he know? "I told you. I don't know."

He walks over to the guards standing by the door and says something in a language I can't understand.

The guard on the left walks up to once the leader leaves and grabs my arm and pulls me towards the back entrance. "You're free to leave but we will be watching you. When you're ready to talk just put up your hands." I nod and leave.

•••

Bri's Moms POV

What did I do to deserve this? What did Brianna do? Two comas in a year?

Brianna is in the same room she was assigned last time she was in a coma, and I'm sitting in a chair beside her holding her hand.

The doctors say she has a something wrong with her brain and she might need surgery.

I sit their staring at her for a while before I hear the door open behind me and my ex-husband Todd walks in.

"Hey," he says, reaching out to grab my hand but I pull away.

"Hi."

"Have the doctors said anything?" He asks.

"She's going to be needing surgery." I can't hold back anymore and I start crying. "Sh-she has something wrong with her brain."

I see tears starting to fill Todds eyes. He starts to bend down slowly towards me and when I don't move away he wraps his arms around me.

We stay like that for a few minutes until we're interrupted by somebody clearing their throat. I turn my head to see Todds new wife, Kate. "Kate!" Todd says, walking to her and giving her a kiss. "What are you doing here?"

"I decided to come and see you. I haven't seen you for almost a month and I was worried you were... moved on."

Todd shakes his head. "Why would you think that? How did you find us?"

"Well we didn't get those locating apps for nothing," Kate says with a wink.

•••

Kai's POV

Ever since our roller skating date, Jess has been acting strange. It all started when she had a chat with a woman at the roller rink after they had an accident. I've asked her who that woman was but she just says she doesn't know and I'm worried that she said something to hurt Jess.

I sit in Jess's room playing a video game called Grand Theft Auto 5 while she's at school and her mother is at work, when I hear the front door slam shut.

I pause the video game and look at the clock and it's only 2:14 PM. Jess doesn't get home until three so it must be her mother.

I quickly run to the television, shutting it off then I run to the window and climb out onto the rough surface of the roof.

Jess told me if this situation happens, to climb out her window and wait at the public library for her.

I jump off of the roof and land in the grass, on my back. Groaning, I stand up and start walking towards the public library.

•••

Jess walks in through the front doors of the library about an hour later and grabs my hand. "I'm hungry. Let's eat."

I smile at her. "Fairy Queen?"

She laughs. "Diary Queen," she corrects me. "And sure."

"Why did your mom come home early?" I ask her, as we're eating our chocolate extreme blizzards.

"Oh, that was my grandmother. She's going to be staying at my place for a week."

I frown. "Where am I going to be staying?"

"Well, I dug into my savings and took out some money for us to stay at a hotel."

"Us?" I ask, in a flirty tone and raising my eyebrows.

She starts saying something but I cut her off with a kiss. She smiles when we break apart. "Let's go."