Chapter 9

Bri's POV

Where am I? Why is everything so dark?

I try opening my eyes but I can't. Something is tied around my eyes and hands. I hear a faint clicking noise but I can't distinguish what it is.

I move around and feel something ruff. Hay? Now I realize what the noise is. A horse. But what am I doing in here?

•••
Bri's Moms POV

Bri never came back today, Jessica or her parents won't answer the phone, and I'm left here pulling my hair out in frustration.

When I walk back to the phone in the kitchen to try calling again it rings. I run for it and answer.

"Bri?!?" I almost shout into the phone.

"No... It's Jessica. I noticed you've called?"

"Yes. Where's Brianna?"

"She's still here. I thought she told you she was staying the weekend?"

"No, she didn't. She said she was staying the night."

"No... I remember. I was there. She said the weekend. She's still sleeping." Sleeping? At 1:30 PM?

"Can you please get her to call me when she's up? She's really stressing me out not calling and not telling me where she is."

"Yea, sure. If she doesn't call just know that I'll be with her here. She's just... going thorough a lot. You know? With her dad and all."

She hangs up after that.

Jessica's POV

"Why were you talking into that machine?" Kai asks me once I hang up on Bri's mom.

"It's called a phone, and I was talking to Brianna's mother," I answer.

"What does a phone do?"

I just sigh and walk to my closet to grab a sweater. Bri falls out when I open the door and I almost scream, forgetting that I put her in there.

"Come on," I say, grabbing my car keys and putting Bri back in the closet.

Kai follows me out into the car and asks me twenty times where we're going and every time I just answer, you'll see.

Once were there I grab his hand and pull him into the room and he looks at all of the children in confusion and they do the same.

"Just picking somebody up," I say to the teacher.

"But the class has just started."

"I know. We had nothing else to do," I answer, trying to sound serious.

She just nods and continues teaching the kindergarteners.

"Listen to what they're saying," I tell Kai. "You'll learn."

He sits down in a tiny chair and smiles, listening to what the teacher is teaching. I laugh to myself of how cute he is.

Bri's POV

After what feels like hours we finally come to a stop. I hear voices but I don't know what they're saying.

I lay there trying to listen for another five minutes before they pull the sheet off the top of the trailer. There are two people standing in front of me, a man I've never seen in my life and Elizabeth.