I'm glad you came here to join us, Spider-Dude

But before his eyes could even analyze the whole thing, he felt a NERF bullet pounding in his back. He turns around, where he sees MJ, smirking. She gazes at him in a playful way and yells: 'You didn't see that coming.'

'You creepy observant mortal! Oh well, I had fun. Good luck, and please kill Steve for me, I've had enough of him.'

'Ehm, he's on your team. But I will do it, Loki! Oh, and did you see what Shuri did to the Penthouse? I don't think Stark likes it, but this battlefield is a lot better than the last time I was here. We completely destroyed the lower intern floors.'

MJ smiles at that memory, but runs immediately to the battlefield, where she gets a clear shot of Steve. She shoots, and.... she misses. Not a real big deal, just grab anothe- great. She's out of bullets. 'Hey, детка [baby], here. I have enough bullets anyways. You'll need them. And please shoot Steve for me, will you?' Peter says while he's standing on the ceiling.

'Thanks. But why wants everyone Steve out? It's not like he shot anyone yet, did he?' But Peter already ran away. MJ reloads her gun and shoots again. Hit! She sees Steve turn around, looking for the person who shot him. But he's not fast enough, because MJ had already climbed on the nearest vent. Sometimes the little practices with Peter aren't useless.

She scans the Penthouse. Bucky, Shuri, T'Challa, Peter, Wanda and MJ are the only ones left. Everyone else is standing in the corner or at the side of the Penthouse. Peter is stuck to the ceiling, and no one has found him yet. MJ sees him charging and pointing his gun to Bucky, who is trying to shoot T'Challa together with Shuri.

Peter misses. He never does. But today, he did. Bucky ducked away the second the bullet came his way, but Wanda does something with her hands and he floats, with his gun still on the floor. MJ jumps off the vent and grabs the gun off the floor. Peter shoots Bucky, which was an easy thing to do when he couldn't move, and at the same time MJ hears a warrior yell.

It's Shuri, who shoots her last bullet. It's done for her when she grabs a bullet off the floor and recharges. T'Challa hit her shoulder with a great shot, and Shuri yells: 'Mother Trucker dude, that hurt like a butt cheek on a stick!'

Above her, MJ hears Peter laugh. But now they need to focus, because it's T'Challa against Wanda, MJ and Peter. Although it probably won't be hard to defeat him, because he already got... tired? MJ had no idea that was possible. She holds him at gunpoint and hears Peter fall down the ceiling.

'I'm glad you came here to join us, Spider-Dude. But did you really think I couldn't handle this with Wanda?' MJ teases.

'I- eh, of course you can, MJ, but where's the fun in that?' Peter answers her. Their short conversation didn't really help in the fight, and they only stop when Wanda yells: 'Listen! We won! So stop with your little tease-fight, please!'

'Wait. We won? Hey, Mr. Stark. Did you hear her? We won, Mr. Stark. We won, Mr. Stark! We won, we did it, sir, we did it!' Peter yells to his father figure after hugging MJ and giving Wanda a high-five.

'Yes, I heard you, Peter. We won, so Team 2, Team 3, good luck with cleaning this mess!'

MJ sniffles at that, although she tries to hide it. 'Wow. A real MJ smile. I never thought I'd see that again,' Ned says with a mischievous look in his eyes. 'Oh, shut up, Leeds,' MJ says with still a little smile.

'Alright, Peter, MJ, Ned. You three need to go back to your tour group really quick. I don't think people already noticed the tree of you are gone, but they will very soon. I'll bring you there,' Wanda says to the three teens. You'd say she did it to not clean up, but she already wasn't supposed to. It's a genuine offer and MJ is happy to have a little more time with the Scarlet Witch whom she really looks up to.

The four of them walk to the elevator, on their way to a lower intern floor. All they can do is hope no one already had noticed they're gone and everyone is just calmly enjoying their tour. Little does MJ know that that isn't the case at all.

765 words

So, this is a short chapter. It's a national Dutch holiday today, so I thought why not update and make it your holiday too? And, I was in the mood to write so I already finished this :).

I tried something else as a writing style and I kinda liked it. This is kind of MJ's POV, and I hope you liked it too.

Sorry not sorry for the trauma I awoke. I almost cried because I revisited THAT scene to quote it.

I (still) want to know: should I make shorter chapters (like 1000-1750 words) and update more often or should I continue writing the 2000+ ones? I'm not sure what to do and I'd like to hear what you think.

I get very happy when I read your comments, even though there aren't that many of them. It's funny to read and it makes me feel good, so thank you and please continue doing it.

April 27 2021 - Koningsdag