(8) Weightless

There were approximately 38 texts from Molly that all read as something along the lines of 'are you alive?'. It was still the afternoon before filming began next the next day yet Molly was desperate to find out every single little fact, despite Nina already having told her what she was allowed to know.

Nina changed into her nightwear and soon drifted off into the oddest dream she'd ever had. She was in a speeding car with Kyle, only Nina wasn't Nina, she was Marie. The car soon veered off road but it was suspended in mid air, and as 'Nina' pushed herself out of the car there was no gravity. Her dream self turned around to see the car and Kyle gone, and suddenly she was falling, her face only stopping inches away from some gravel that appeared out of nowhere.

Tom gripped her arm, stopping her from falling but as his grip got tighter his face transformed into Kyle's and let go of her, but she fell into water, not gravel. She awoke with tears glistening on her face, her chest heaving slightly like she'd just run a marathon, wondering what could have provoked the odd dream.

Gracefully tripping into the kitchen, she got herself a glass of water, her dressing gown wrapped tightly around her as there was a loud knocking at the door. She jumped out of her skin, not expecting anyone, and realising that unfortunately she looked like a complete and utter mess.

She glanced at the clock. Eight o'clock. Who was it that knew where she was this early? She answered the door and stopped herself mid-yawn.

"Hey." Tom grinned down at her, his blonde curls still damp. "Excuse the wet hair, I've just been for a run and I'm fresh out of the shower. I was going to ask you if you wanted to walk to breakfast with me, but..." He glanced down at her half-asleep state. "Maybe I'll meet you down there?"

"Oh, no, no!" She pushed her hair away from her face. "If you don't mind waiting, you can sit down for a second..."

"Of course." He smiled graciously and ducked into the room, collapsing onto the couch with a soft sigh. Nina ran into her room, grabbed some random clothes out of her horrendously-packed drawer and rushed into the bathroom where her toothbrush awaited.

She scrubbed until she deemed herself presentable and pulled at her mess of blonde-and-brown hair, tying it into a short, high ponytail, and applying minimal makeup- she'd have plenty of time for make up later.

The clothes that she ended up grabbing weren't bad at all; an almost completely shredded pair of light wash jeans that clung to her legs, a Guns and Roses sleeveless shirt and a leather jacket, and in the pocket were her sunglasses that had been missing for two months. "So that's where they got to..." She perched them on her head, completely forgetting that she'd promised Kyle that she'd text him, but all thoughts of Kyle were buried in her head under all the other grudges that she'd collected over the years.

Tom hopped up as Nina skipped into the room, a smile gracing his slightly stubbly face. "Ready then, love?" He touched his hair over and over, poking at the wet curls. "I am sorry about this, I look like I've just dunked my head in a basin full of water."

"I'll sort it out on set later if you really want me to." Nina laughed quietly.

"Really? That would be fantastic." He smiled wider, slight creases appearing in the corners of his eyes. "Come on, I can hear my sweet tooth calling to me."

*****

After breakfast, the same driver arrived to take Nina and Tom over to set. Tom, being a gentleman again, opened up her door for her as she climbed in. Nina was nervous, looking out of the window, not wanting to think of anything but her confidence that she was desperately trying to muster.

Tom glanced over at her, fiddling with the cuffs on his pale blue button-up. "Are you alright? You look like you're either deep in thought or lost for words."

"A mixture of both." Nina said softly, trailing her fingers down the cool glass. "What if I mess up, and blind someone with an eyeliner pencil? Oh my Lord, I'm dangerous."

"Not as dangerous as some of the toys that we have on set this morning." Tom laughs softly. "Did you know that one of the very first scenes we're filming is my death scene?"

"Well, I guess that should be fun."

"Oh, it will be. The scene contains a hell of a lot of emotion and I guess that's what I'm good at." He shrugs, looking innocent but switching quickly to devious but adorable puppy dog eyes. "You see, I can get whatever I want. I'm not an actor for nothing, you know." Nina tensed up, looking skeptically at him, but he released a breath that apparently he'd been holding and laughed. "Ehehehehe. Just kidding, love. I'm not that mean." But a twinkle in his eye perhaps told her otherwise.

The sight of lots of horses, tents and small trailers in the distance, little over a few fields away, indicated that they were almost there. Nina couldn't sit still; one minute she'd be jiggling her legs up and down, and the next minute she'd be chewing on her sleeve anxiously. She just wanted to find out who she was working with so she could get to work right away.

"I'd best be off to find my costume, then." Tom took one last glance at Nina as he helped her out of the car, suddenly seeming to snap into some sort of character. "Good day, Miss Ferguson." And with that he was off, his long legs carrying him quickly away.

"Nina!" A hand clapped down on her shoulder and she spun around, but it was only Steven Spielberg.

Only Steven Spielberg.

"Oh...hey." She made an attempt to politely shake his hand. "What do I need to do?"

"Not much yet. You just need to fill in a few forms for me, get your stuff over to your trailer and I'll tell you who you're working with today...unless you have any particular preference?" He made a pointed glance at Tom, who was laughing with someone, a military style hat clutched in one of his slender hands.

"Oh, no. Whatever works best for you." Nina was still getting over the fact that she had her own trailer. An assistant of Steven's showed her to her new humble abode for the rest of the day and about an hour later, there was a soft knock on the door as Nina was working her way through form after form.

"Nina? Are you in here?" Steven called out from outside, and Nina nodded stupidly before remembering that Steven couldn't see her. A moment later he entered the trailer anyway. "Nina, you'll be working with Captain James Nicholls today."

"Captain James..." Nina trailed off as a familiar tall figure ducked in behind Spielberg. "Hiddleston?"

[A/N] hoorah! more hiddles giggles! that sort of rhymed in my head. drop a vote for clumsy morning nina...or slightly soggy tom?
yours truly :) x