(15) Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Nina was supposed to be meeting Tom in the hotel lobby so that they could get a taxi to where Nina had arranged to meet Molly in a simple cafe not too far away, but so far Tom was a no-show, yet due to the fact that his hair had looked like a gel-bomb went off in it, Nina could imagine what he was attempting to do.

She'd dressed simply in a plaid shirt, nice skinny jeans and a pair of boots along with her trusty handbag; the weather was nice and she didn't need anything more. As she held her phone in her hand debating how to reply to a string of pictures she'd received from Kyle, she noticed that since she'd been a part of 'Dartmoor', her trademark style had kind of dissipated. Maybe it was time for a change anyway.

Kyle had sent her an odd series of photos over the morning that were pretty bizarre. The first one was just the ceiling. From the second one Nina was able to deduce that this wasn't their apartment that the phone was in; as far as she knew, neither of them owned a pair of black glittery heels or a pink carpet.

The third and currently final one contained two jackets thrown carelessly on the floor. Nina guessed Kyle had no idea he was taking these photos and she wanted to know what the hell was going on.

Suddenly one more came through and Nina involuntarily gasped out loud. It was Marie. Marie wearing no clothes. Marie with her back to the camera. It was obvious that it was Marie. Her perfect blonde curls gave her away instantly.

It all added up. Marie answering Kyle's phone. The girl in the background when Nina had last spoken to Kyle. And Molly telling Nina about Marie seeing someone local. Kyle was being protective over her to try and pull the wool over her eyes; how dare he? Nina began to tear up slightly when a hand touched her shoulder.

"Nina? Are you ok, darling?" Tom's impeccable accent came from behind her and she flinched. She wouldn't say anything. She wasn't letting her stupid love life get in the way of a potentially nice afternoon.

*****

Tom followed Nina closely into the tea shop and they took a secluded booth in the corner. "Are you sure you're ok, love? You don't look it."

"I'm fine." Nina lied quietly, staring at the door across the room. What she wanted to say was No, Tom, I think my overly-obsessed boyfriend is cheating on me and there's nothing that I can do about it but she didn't need any more people involved.

Tom flashed her a brilliant smile, but concern still resided in his eyes. "If you say so. So when is your sister arriving, might I ask?"

A loud squeal sounded from by the door suddenly. "Now, I think." Nina smiled softly, craning her head around the booth to see Molly standing by the door, her jaw on the floor, her hand shaking as she pointed lamely at Tom.

"Oh...my...god..." Three words were able to escape her agape mouth and Nina sighed. Molly wasn't usually this speechless but she had to let her off; after all, her man crush was less than forty feet away from her.

"So you're Molly." Tom stood up and made his way over to her, holding out his hand for her to shake. "I suppose since sisters don't usually react to each other in this way, you perhaps know who I am, so I'll introduce myself anyways. I'm Tom. Tom Hiddleston."

"You're Tom...Tom Hiddleston..." Molly shook Tom's hand in slow motion. "I'm... I'm Molly..."

"We established that, darling." Nina smirked slightly as she could see her sister swooning and trying to keep as level-headed as possible. "Would you like to take a seat?"

"Y...yes..." Molly stuttered, going as red as her sneakers as Tom rested his hand on the small of her back, escorting her over to where Nina was quietly seated. Molly slid into the booth beside Nina and Tom seated himself opposite them both.

"Would you girls like me to order? What would you like?" Tom's long legs were bent at odd angles under the table yet his knees were somehow still brushing against Nina's.

"Camomile...camomile..." Molly spluttered, still staring at Tom's stunning eyes.

"Latte, please." Nina fumbled in her bag for her purse but Tom rested a hand on hers, stopping her from moving her purse any further. His hands were warm and his long, slim fingers sat atop hers as he smiled once again. Did this guy ever stop smiling?

"No, this can be my treat."

"But you paid for my drinks last night!" Nina protested.

"It's a latte, darling, it won't make me skint." He sauntered off to the counter and both sisters stared at his long toned legs and Nina dared say that she saw Molly's eyes wander up to his butt. As soon as he started conversing politely with the employee who was clearly trying to flirt, Molly turned to Nina, her eyes wide.

"You know Tom Hiddleston? And you didn't tell me?"

"Mol-"

"And you went out for a drink with him last night!"

"Molly, I-"

"How long has this been going on?" Molly's eyes widened even more, and she leaned in to Nina, their faces inches apart, dramatically whispering to her older sibling who was now opening and closing her mouth without anything to say. "Does Kyle know?"

"Does Kyle care?" Nina muttered, looking up at Tom as he re-approached them with their tray of drinks.

"Oh dear. Rocky road." Molly sighed, suddenly stiffening up again as Tom seated himself.

"Who's on a rocky road?" Tom smiled, passing over the drinks.

"No one." Nina flashed Molly a glance that said keep out and took her latte off of an amused looking Tom. His pale blue dress shirt, that accentuated his eyes, was rolled up to his elbows, showing off his skinny but defined arms and the two sisters shared another glance, which most definitely stood for one word; swoon.

"Hey, so Mol, how come you're down here?" Nina sipped at her drink, feeling Tom's eyes on them both. "One minute I barely see you and then you're following me around."

"I got a lift from a friend who was coming down here because I've been looking at dogs."

"Dogs? What breed?" Tom raised an eyebrow.

"I was looking at Staffies. There's a litter nearby and if all goes to plan..." Molly shrugged. "I'll have a puppy within the month."

When the Ferguson's lived together in London they used to keep a lot of dogs. First were Salt and Pepper, one white and one black Labrador who were from the same litter. Then when Pepper died and Salt started pining for him, they got another dog, a golden Lab cross named Honey.

A while later after Salt and Honey had passed, they had a Staffordshire Terrier named Rocky and they took in a Jack Russell named Sammy when his owner, a close friend of the family's, passed away. So it was safe to say that Molly was no stranger to dogs.

It was something Nina had never asked Tom about. "Do you have any pets?" She felt his legs shift under the table - he was probably a bit uncomfortable folded up under there like a pretzel.

He ran a hand through his curls and laughed. "Not unless you count my wild hair..."

[A/N] if i ever meet tom, i regret to say that i will probably end up being more like molly than nina. drop a vote if you agree and maybe leave some dog name ideas too?
yours truly :) x